News:

The W116 Library - The definitive W116 resource!

Main Menu

Windscreens Removal/Install

Started by TNNBENZ, 09 November 2021, 03:59 PM

daantjie

Indeed this job is truly not for the faint of heart, or unsteady of hand!  I am sure most glass shops will likely not even want to do this jobby on a 116, they are amongst the hardest of all Benzes to do right.
Daniel
1977 450 SEL 6.9 - Astralsilber

TNNBENZ

I would and still may buy Mercedes Benz seals !  Especially since Ut_boy said the price was about half of what I saw in another post of $250.00 apiece !!!  the only reason I even considered installing the URO seals is I bought them after I learned that many they sold were defected.  The main reason is the price of original Mercedes Benz seals.  I remember now I did price some Mercedes seals and I saw $250.00 a seal.  I do not remember where I found them 4 that price, but I am currently out of work & there is no way I will pay that at this time hence the reason I bought the URO seals for much less........Lastly I have read some reviews from people who have used the URO seals with no problems.  I had no choice until now I may can afford Mercedes price if I can find them for $125.00 as Ut_boy said !!!!!!!!!!!!!
       so thank-you for the sincere advice I DO APPRECIATE ALL your help & concern............
Neglected ~ Rescued ~ 1977 450SEL 4.5L  U.S.A. ver.
Project of Compassion ~ Respect
Silver Green Metallic / Toast
Left Hand Drive
Sliding Roof

TNNBENZ

Quote from: daantjie on 19 November 2021, 11:59 AM
Indeed this job is truly not for the faint of heart, or unsteady of hand!  I am sure most glass shops will likely not even want to do this jobby on a 116, they are amongst the hardest of all Benzes to do right.
There is a member from here I think, posted an amazing youtube vid showing how he did the install & his install was almost flawless !!!!   He looked like a master. there is a link to it somewhere in this forum
Left Hand Drive
Sliding Roof

Nabstud

1975 280S - Australian delivered

TNNBENZ

Quote from: daantjie on 19 November 2021, 11:59 AM
daantjie, thank-you, when I do this I will have a friend who has done several installs on non-Mercedes, but hopefully between the 2 of us & the excellent video we can get this done !!!
Left Hand Drive
Sliding Roof