News:

The ORG - Truly Independent and Unbiased!

Main Menu

Window regulator slider

Started by revilla, 08 May 2020, 10:31 AM

revilla

Hello everybody,

Hope you're doing fine.

Does anyone know the PN for the white plastic slider on the window regulator?

I'm referring to the rectangle one on the vertical central bar (not the round one on the horizontal bar).

I appreciate your advice.

Robert

Inshan

This is probably something that can be 3D printed for pennies.
Is anyone 3D printing parts for these cars yet?
1980 300SD

rumb

I have several used ones if interested.
'68 250S
'77 6.9 Euro
'91 300SE,
'98 SL500
'14 CLS550,
'16 AMG GTS
'21 E450 Cabrio

BigGreenMachine

I need to order a new plastic clip to stop my passenger side front window from moving slightly forward and back when I roll it up and down.

I am not clear if I need the rectangular clip or the round clip to fix this window movement.

If it's the rectangular clip, then this would appear to be the right item for the passenger side:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/224066210683?epid=9007147071&hash=item342b630b7b

Or if it's the circular clip - I still have some research to do on that item number, which I'm happy to do if I can just get confirmation _which_ clip I need to restore my window to moving up and down only.

Any guidance is very much appreciated. I look forward to answering more questions than I ask in this forum as I get deeper into this car and learn my way around more of the routine maintenance tasks.

rumb

You can purchase new from mb for less. Mboemparts.com. benzworld2017 coupon code gets half off shipping..

That part should help with lateral movement. Make sure the rail it rides on is ok and secured as well as other components/tracks in the door.

If your regulator is warped as most are, gentle heating with a torch and straightening with clamps and large channel lock pliers can get back in order. Search for other threads concerning proper greases to use.remove and lube the exterior door handle while there.
'68 250S
'77 6.9 Euro
'91 300SE,
'98 SL500
'14 CLS550,
'16 AMG GTS
'21 E450 Cabrio

BigGreenMachine

Thank you for the confirmation rumb - I really appreciate it.
I'll share progress in a new post when I get inside the door.