News:

www.W116.org - The #1 resource for our W116! Established 2004

Main Menu

What have you done for your W116 today?

Started by BWalker82, 18 May 2011, 06:27 PM

cejpat

replaced the old cracking front windshield seal with a brand new OEM seal from the MB classic center ... was told no rust or water. hurray for not-so-small victories.

albe

This weekend I have run new speaker wire to bypass the fader switch and put new speakers in sounds ok but will get better speaker down the track sony are not so good  :(. Put the last new rotor on the front and taking calipers to work to rebuild and fit new pads  . Fixed my idle screw as well .Hope to put rego on it in the next week or so .Cant wait .P.s Have order my personal plates too Sel116 eruo plates Ya  :P

TJ 450

I concur, Sony car audio has always been pretty average. No idea why, the corporation surely has the R&D to make something good.

Tim
1976 450SEL 6.9 1432
1969 300SEL 6.3 1394
2003 ML500

scraf

Just in time for summer, from 4 non-working windows to 4 working windows !

( OK the two front ones need a polite outward nudge when going up )

... and as a bonus for 10 the heater's suddenly started working.  ???

gordonm

Did an oil and filter change found the oil filter collapsed it probably comes from using the oil conditioner (read oil thickener) I used to stop the engine smoking.
Now having the heads removed to renew the valve guides and service the valves still considering a full engine overhaul more checks required.
gordon

albe

Booked mine in for a tune up ,and got it on the road last week so have been up the coast for a drive and to Brisbane  . Very happy with this car rides like a dream so so happy its on the road .And just order a new steering coupling will make it feel even smoother .Can't wait to see what the mechanic thinks and how it will drive after a good tune . :P

Kjhall65

Bought a complete K-Jet fuel system to replace the LPG system and bring the car back to original.  I took it with me to the donor car from which we liberated the fuel system.  Gee I love driving he 116 on he highway.  It is so effortless and the ride incredible for a 36 yr old car.

johnnyw116

i ordered me a trunk seal , washed the 350 and filled it up for €120,- euro petrol and €55,- euro L.P.G     

greetings : john  .                                                                                                                                                                                 
JohnnyW116

djetronicista

I have added a coolant catch can noticed I had to constantly replace fluid and newer cars had an extra plastic tank built into the fender,  By doing so also increased the capicity of cooling system.  Runs alot smoother, and cooler now amazing how little things can improve the system overall.  Had the radiator serviced/ roded out in preparation for the summer gets pretty hot in socal.
73 mbz 450 SE
78 XJ12 (6ltr from 94)
53 Desoto

john6007

well today the 6.9 suspension did a full workout.

4 mostly big guys, 30km to the bottle shop.

add 13 cartons of beer for the return trip,up to an indicated 160, temp around 80 and the ride was all normal and height all good.
79 - 450SEL 6.9 #5628 &  #6466, 92 - 300CE-24, 98 - MX-5, 89 - Ducati 906 Paso

Tony66_au

I've had the 450SEL out of the barn for a tubbo and further rust inspection and she has been started and left warm up 4 days running now.

65 Celsius and a quick run up to the service station for a drink and then back home again on a permit.

A mere 14 km to town and back but its all up hill on the way in so she has to work a bit.

Im still finding little bits and piece that need my attention and it is amazing what you find running over the car with a sudsy microfibre mit over your hand.

Im almost tempted to "Clay" the car and give her a wax!

oversize

1979 6.9 #5541 (Red Bull)
1978 6.9 #4248 (Skye)
1979 6.9 #3686 (Moby Dick)
1978 6.9 #1776 (Dora)
1977 450SEL #7010 white -P
1975 450SEL #8414 gold -P

ckamila

Installed the vacuum pump i have had for 6 months, installed the motor mount pads i have had for 2.5 years, two new engine shock top mounts with new rubber bits at bottom - shocks were good. Need new right heat shield. Pulled the old compressor.

chris
If it's not broke i haven't fix it yet...

1980 300SD, 170K
1985 300D, 235K

Big_Richard

Tony66_au