News:

The ORG - No shonky business!

Main Menu

What are these fuses?

Started by The Warden, 15 January 2007, 09:59 PM

The Warden

Hello!

In addition to the "normal" 16 fuses in the fuse block on my 116, I have two fuses in inline holders in the fuse box area. I can't tell for the life of me what they are, but one of them is causing a consistent 3 amp draw on my electrical system. I pulled that fuse, but don't notice anything that worked previously that doesn't work now (and, FWIW, the alternator's still charging the car when the engine's running). The fuses appear to be factory, although I can't say I know for certain.

Does anyone know what these two fuses are for? Or, are they aftermarket? Again, they LOOK like they're factory, but I can't say with any certainty. The fuse diagram makes no mention of them.

Thanks in advance!

Papalangi

They are for the climate control system.  It sounds like your servo may be stuck and not making it to the park position which will cause a drain.

Michael
'83 300SD, I'm back!  It's the son's new car (12/2020)
1976 450SEL, 116.033  Sold it to buy a '97 Crown Vic.  Made sense at the time.
1971 250C, 114.023
1976 280C
1970 250/8

The Warden

I believe that...my servo's definitely stuck; I haven't had heat the whole time I've had the car. That actually crossed my mind, but I figured that, since the rest of the ACC still seems to work (well, as well as it did before I pulled the fuse ::) it needs to be completely overhauled if I plan to keep the car, which is looking more and more unlikely...), the fuse was for something else. Didn't think that there would be more than one fuse for the ACC system...

Thanks! 8)

brokentroy

I also have these fuses in my 1980 300SD.  I can't find a replacement for the one.  However, I'm not even sure I have the right fuse in there to begin with.  it's a very small glass fuse and stamped in one of the metal ends are is the following: 12/250V.  I assume that is 12Amp 250 Volt, but I can't find this fues at the auto parts store or at raido shack.  Is this fuse for the climate control system?  IF so, is that the proper rating?

Thanks