News:

The ORG - No shonky business!

Main Menu

What Are These Behind My Glovebox?

Started by shoponline, 08 December 2007, 03:07 PM

shoponline

Please help me identify these two items behind my glovebox/dashboard.
1.  The first pic shows two sets of wires that have been "jumpered."  Can someone identify what these are for and why they've been jumped?

2.  The second pic shows a hard rubber hose that is loose.  It goes somewhere behind the dash towards the middle, where I can see the other half of the hose.  These two hoses are loose and don't connect to anything.

zeppelinboy

The two connectors that are jumpered should be attached to vacuum switches. The vac switches are little yellow dome looking things. You can see one of them in the upper righthand corner of your second picture. Somone probably jumpered them because they were having vacuum issues with your car. Normally, the climate control system will not function until vacuum is present at those switches.

The hose should run from the in cabin temp sensor (that little vent thingy in the top middle of your dash) to the body of your blower. When the climate control system is operating, it pulls air from the cabing, through that little vent past the temp sensor and into the blower.

Any more questions, feel free to ask!

-Justin

shoponline

Justin -  You were spot on on those answers and I just wanted to say thanks!

zeppelinboy

Glad to know that I was able to help. Thanks for the acknowledgement.
Hopefully your climate control system is functioning properly.

-Justin