News:

The ORG - Truly Independent and Unbiased!

Main Menu

Were these stock on all w116 300SD's?

Started by WrightSounds, 08 May 2013, 12:13 PM

polymathman

I notice that there are five cartridges and the pistol holds six. It is good safety practice for a revolver to have an empty chamber under the hammer, which is probably how it was stored. It could not have gone off accidentally.
190sl 1957 rusting away
250S 1968 long gone
280SE 1976 got hit, parts
280SE 1979 running fine
C320 4Matic 2005 for wife -Mercedes after MIT

Squiggle Dog

Quote from: polymathman on 11 May 2013, 09:17 PM
I notice that there are five cartridges and the pistol holds six. It is good safety practice for a revolver to have an empty chamber under the hammer, which is probably how it was stored. It could not have gone off accidentally.

I think he said there were six in the gun, but he gave one to a neighbor.
Stop paying for animal cruelty and slaughter. Go vegan! [url="https://challenge22.com/"]https://challenge22.com/[/url]

1967 W110 Universal Wagon, Euro, Turbo Diesel, Tail Fins, 4 Speed Manual Column Shift, A/C
1980 W116 300SD Turbo Diesel, DB479 Walnut Brown, Sunroof, Heated Seats, 350,000+

ZCarFan

To answer the question 'what if the police found it?'. In Georgia that is ok as long as you can legally posses a firearm.  Much of the southeast is this way.  In Oregon, I believe it is a bit different.

The real problem is that the chance of accidental discharge is high since the current owner ofthe car did not know what was there.  Feeling around blindly could be problematic.

Casey

Quote from: ZCarFan on 12 May 2013, 07:03 AM
To answer the question 'what if the police found it?'. In Georgia that is ok as long as you can legally posses a firearm.  Much of the southeast is this way.  In Oregon, I believe it is a bit different.

The real problem is that the chance of accidental discharge is high since the current owner ofthe car did not know what was there.  Feeling around blindly could be problematic.

When I lived in GA, I bought a Glock 9mm with 17 round magazine from a friend of a friend. I kept it loaded and locked in the glove compartment of my 240D. I later lost it it a game of Blackjack. Very different up here in Maryland though; I miss the South.

KenM

That's a helluva find alright, a bit concerning that it's been lurking there all this time, and loaded too, the 'what if' possibilities are numerous and none with a happy ending. Still, a pretty good story and an

interesting souvenir.