News:

The W116 Library - The definitive W116 resource!

Main Menu

W126 280se 110.987 engine problem

Started by wkhairulnizam@yahoo.com, 19 July 2010, 09:48 PM

wkhairulnizam@yahoo.com

HI ....i have a w126 110.987 engine....my problem i of my spark plugs wet(petrol).1 of my celynder not running because of the petrol wet.I think i need to ovel haul top the engine.Now my engine cannot start and have sound knocking on the top the engine.Any body can guide me what shoul i do and i also need engine drawing mechanical and wiring diagram spec to averhaul the engine.please help me

MartysBenz

are they wet with oil or petrol? have you checked that they actually spark? what color smoke does it blow? probably either running rich as all fuck or your spark is lousy. my 2c.

wkhairulnizam@yahoo.com

it wet petrol...i know from the smell and the spark plug very clean no carbon...other spark park is dark....the sound like tepet sound...

s class

Some tappet noise is normal on the M110.  First, as stated above, you need to ensure you have spark.  Once that is confirmed, you can start checking out the injection system. 

[color=blue]'76 6.9 Euro[/color], [color=red]'78 6.9 AMG[/color], '80 280SE, [color=brown]'74 350SE[/color], [color=black]'82 500SEL euro full hydro, '83 500SEL euro full hydro [/color], '81 500SL

wkhairulnizam@yahoo.com

ok just now i open 1 by 1 spark plug and tested all have spark...then i open the injection pipe found all the petrol flow...only 1 spark plug wet petrol.just want to ask how the petrol pump work?it is always pump from tank?because mine stop a few second if i turn on the ignition..

TJ 450

Sorry, I replied to the erroneous post. 8)

Tim
1976 450SEL 6.9 1432
1969 300SEL 6.3 1394
2003 ML500

WGB

Quote from: wkhairulnizam@yahoo.com on 20 July 2010, 03:11 AM
ok just now i open 1 by 1 spark plug and tested all have spark...then i open the injection pipe found all the petrol flow...only 1 spark plug wet petrol.just want to ask how the petrol pump work?it is always pump from tank?because mine stop a few second if i turn on the ignition..

The fuel pump is controlled by a relay that will usually only run the pump when the motor is turning as well as give a small pump to help start the engine when cranking over.

If you have fuel at the injectors go back and check the spark and timing.

What brand and heat range are your plugs and how old are they?

How loud is the knocking noise and have you removed the timing cover to see if there are any very wide valve clearances which would denote trouble of some kind?

Bill