News:

www.W116.org - All about the Car!

Main Menu

W116 without keys and doors locked ?

Started by kertbache, 10 February 2021, 12:51 PM

ptashek

Quote from: kertbache on 15 February 2021, 01:22 PM
The earlier claim by a Member that he could open the door in about a minute, is an insult to the engineering of Daimler Benz.

If SD said it can be done, I believe him. He's the definition of ingenuity.
Daimler engineering is much overhyped.

QuoteBut I don't think I should reveal it here and needlessly put at risk the security of thousands of vehicles

OK, so you ask for help, then apparently find a better way and choose not to share for "security reasons".
Words escape me...

QuoteI have also made contact with Mercedes Benz in Stuttgart in an attempt to change their absurd demand for vehicles within the UK to be transported to their dealerships before they will supply keys.
It's not Stuttgart, it's Milton Keynes (MB UK HQ) you should be writing to. It's a UK franchise dealer absurdity, not Daimler.
1993 "Pearl Blue" W124 280TE
1988 "Arctic White" W124 200T
1979 "Icon Gold" W116 450SE

scoot

1967 250 SL
1967 250 S
1968 280 S parts car
1971 250 C
1974 W116 LWB Red Interior but no car
1985 300 TD

kertbache

In spite of several complaints regarding my failure to disclose the very simple method that I have discovered so as to gain entry to a W116. Mercedes Benz UK has agreed that it would be highly irresponsible for me to make that information public, because it would endanger the security of thousands of classic cars.

As to the suggestion that I have approached the matter of contacting Mercedes Benz incorrectly. When I contacted Mercedes UK initially, they claimed that the policy regarding supplying keys came from DB Stuttgart. DB in Germany has since referred the matter back to the UK for an investigation into their policy of demanding that vehicles be taken to dealerships before they will supply keys, in light of my suggestion that they should simply be asking for several additional forms of ID, such as passports and bank statements, in addition to a registration documents and drivers licence. All of which should obviously be originals in the same name, without exception.

EDIT of email from Mercedes Benz UK:

Dear Sir

Mercedes-Benz Model: Mercedes-Benz W116

Thank you for your email which was received at this office on the 14th February 2021.

I am extremely sorry that your experience of Mercedes-Benz has caused you to contact us. Based on the content of your email I've opened a case file in order to investigate further. This process can take up to five working days and I ask for your patience during this time. I will contact you again as soon as I am in a position to advise you further.

In the meantime, should you wish to contact me to discuss any aspect of the investigation please do not hesitate, and quote the reference number noted above.

Yours sincerely

Jed

Is anyone else annoyed by this secrecy to protect the tens of thousands of mercedes vehicles out there that are destined to be stolen if this info was divulged?

1979 Mercedes 6.9 #5206 - restored
1979 Mercedes 6.9 #6424 - ongoing restoration
1976 Mercedes 6.9 #484 - restoration?

revilla

What a bunch of BS!!!!!!

For me someone was looking for tips on how to steal a W116 and we have given them all.

This person might not even be in the UK but somewhere else in the globe.

The dealership excuse not to share the non-existence "secret"  is PURE CRAP!!!

Other than the tips given here on how to get ingress to a W116 There's no other way in I'm 100% positive of what I'm stating here.

The fundamental pillar of a forum is sharing of know-how (I exclude those who reply to every post with useless info) therefore somebody who claims his unwillingness to share knowledge should be filtered out here, period!

marku

Fair enough if you have no wish to publicise it, your decision, but did it work? I would like to know so I can think long and hard about it knowing it can be done.
1974 450SE silver green/bamboo velour/green vinyl roof

kertbache

Quote from: marku on 21 February 2021, 11:13 AM
Fair enough if you have no wish to publicise it, your decision, but did it work? I would like to know so I can think long and hard about it knowing it can be done.

Thank you for understanding, Marku.

Yes, what I've eventually discovered will open the W116, and some other models, in approximately 30 seconds, once you know how, and are prepared, without any damage at all. Someone at Mercedes was stunned when I revealed this method. And that's why I don't think it's at all wise to disclose how I've done it.