News:

www.W116.org - The #1 resource for our W116! Established 2004

Main Menu

Twin 2.5" Straight Back

Started by SELfor50, 07 December 2009, 04:27 PM

motec6.9

if you want while my car is down at the workshop and the motor is out i will take headers down to exhuast shop that i have been told is good in pt kenedy and get them to measure and see what price they can do copys of as i paid 2400 for them 6 years ago.
Euro 6.9 255.6hp at the wheels. Watch this space.

craigb

I can't vouch for their work directly, but Exhaust Tech have a good reputation, just expensive. I talked to them about one of my cars and the guy was very meticulous but in the end the price was just out of my ballpark for the job concerned.

Anyway, my point was just to say that if you were going to copy a set, these would probably be good ones to copy and nice offer from motec to offer. All those hours of labour making it fit should be greatly reduced for a direct copy.
1980 280s

TJ 450

Although I'm not in the market for a set immediately, it would be great to get an idea of cost, if it's not too much of a hassle.

Certainly, thanks for the offer indeed. 8)

Tim
1976 450SEL 6.9 1432
1969 300SEL 6.3 1394
2003 ML500

Yesmar

looks good and clean. does that provide enough back pressure? any difference on how it runs, or fuel consumption since this was installed?
- Ramsey

SELfor50

Quote from: motec6.9 on 12 December 2009, 01:28 PM
if you want while my car is down at the workshop and the motor is out i will take headers down to exhuast shop that i have been told is good in pt kenedy and get them to measure and see what price they can do copys of as i paid 2400 for them 6 years ago.

Hey Motec,
I'd be extremely gratefull if you were able to get a set of those headers copied.  I'll be embarking on an EFI upgrade on my 6.9 too and will be racking your brains about that also.. turns out Alfred who did yours is an old family friend (that I had no idea about).

The few exhaust shops I've spoken to, said straight up, they weren't interested in doing the job.  And if they were it would be 2-3K.  Which i wouldn't mind if someone was at least willing to do it..  :-\

Anyway, SMS sent.. let me know if/where/when/how much a second set of the headers would be.

Cam.

motec6.9

i will be getting work started next week and will try to get price for copy's sometime early in the new year .
Euro 6.9 255.6hp at the wheels. Watch this space.