News:

www.W116.org - By the people, for the people!

Main Menu

TURBOCHARGED M110 !!!!!

Started by Jimbo, 28 March 2010, 10:39 PM

Jimbo

I found this web site from a video on youtube and they have some SICK old merc's on here and I am very jealous !!!!!

There is a wagon on here with a turbocharged M110 in it Check it out !!!

http://www.g-smile.co.jp/

Jimbo

SO SICK !!!! I must have it !!!

flutes

Wow they get a bit "creative" with the interiors don't they!

They seem to have a re-plating service for the brightwork that looks good in the photos.Link
Matt
1977 450SEL

oscar

Some pretty awsome work and a really interesting site when you go thru it.  Interesting performance parts too re springs and 6 piston calipers.  Just a shame bablefish doesn't translate japenese to english too well.  It does translate but it doesn't make sense.  I couldn't gauge what they actually do with the anodized trim, replated or not, it doesn't make snese.  Comes up well though.
1973 350SE, my first & fave

Big_Richard

I notice in that picture the installation of a modern high output alternator, presumably its required for the high powered sound system that's mandatory for young Japanese males to listen to their Japanese disco pop fusion.  8)

peterq

There were a few MBs at the 2006 Special Import Car Show including:

which had enormous brake calipers, and this

which was in the best of taste, and this

again, in the best of taste. This one might be the turbo'd wagon you mentioned:

at the 2007 show.

Yesmar

- Ramsey

13B

Nice little turbo mod, from what I can tell it would give a nice little boost not a savage increase in power...

The turbo is too small and basic, with only an oil feed
It blows into the standard air-mass sensor which limits the applicable boost to about 4PSI, whereas if you put the air mass sensor outside the boost zone you can run up to 8PSI boost.
I don't see any additional fuel enrichment or the miriad of hoses and extra stuff needed to control the retard of the distributor.
No intercooling.

It would be a nice little fun thing for the street I reckon, I'd kill to have a drive of it, and probably so would oscar.

I.
450SEL 6.9 #5440 = V MB 690 , 450SE # 43094 = 02010 H , 190E/turbo # 31548 = AOH 68K

Jimbo

here is one of the video's that I saw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giwF5nGqHiI
Love that sound !

oscar

Yeah that's the tripple webber setup = awsome.  I saw this one a while ago and there's another vid by that user showing it racing though you can't really hear the car in full songm, plus a few vids of another interesting 123ce though no details of its motor.  I never clicked it was the same mod people doing these turbos too.  But yeah, I'd love to have a drive of the turboed one.  See what difference even that kind of boost would make.
1973 350SE, my first & fave

SELfor50

It's a pretty straight forward little setup..

The manifold looks a little bodge at the back, but does the job I guess.

It'd be sweet to have a drive of any turbo M110 or benz for that matter..

Is that a crayford (the yellow one)??

Cam.

bb

Quote from: oscar on 29 March 2010, 08:06 AM
Some pretty awsome work and a really interesting site when you go thru it.  Interesting performance parts too re springs and 6 piston calipers.  Just a shame bablefish doesn't translate japenese to english too well.  It does translate but it doesn't make sense.  I couldn't gauge what they actually do with the anodized trim, replated or not, it doesn't make snese.  Comes up well though.

Great link that. Quite enjoyed looking through it.

Google does a much better job of translating than bablefish. I compared the two side by side and it actually makes some sort of sense using this: http://translate.google.com.au/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.g-smile.co.jp%2F

Jimbo

IMO these engine's are screaming for boost !!!

AMG got a little over 200 HP out of these engine's in the 1970's (LOL !) without adding boost.

I bet a good tuned low compression M110 with boost,intercooler and more fuel would make 300 HP without a sweat. not so sure how the head gasket would like 10 psi and up..... especially after 35 years  :-\   ...... oh yeah and than there's the trany too.........

13B

When my turbo 190E is running well it goes like stink, but most of the time its sick due to its tired old engine (will be fixed soon).

I.
450SEL 6.9 #5440 = V MB 690 , 450SE # 43094 = 02010 H , 190E/turbo # 31548 = AOH 68K