News:

The ORG - Truly Independent and Unbiased!

Main Menu

Trying to improve electrical ground

Started by michaeld, 08 February 2006, 12:37 AM

Mforcer

Quote from: michaeld on 12 February 2006, 05:09 AM
Anyway, when I first joined a MB forum, I was kind of in it for myself, and once I got the info I wanted, I was gone.  But after a couple of knowledgable people shared their know-how with me, I started to want to be at least a little bit like those guys and pass the scraps I'd begun learning around to others.  Even if I never see any of y'all, it's truly nice to have you as a resource, and to be able to chip in and provide useful info to someone else about something you've learned about.  And I know that if we actually DID see each other on the road, we'd stop, and ooh and awe over each others cars.

I think I can speak for everyone in saying that we are thankful that you and others like you are around.

The interesting thing about W116 owners I have found is that we all love an under-appreciated car and for that reason it is only the true believers that get involved. I feel lucky to be amongst such nice people.

Thank you all!
Michael
1977 450SE [Brilliant Red]
2006 B200

michaeld

Gosh,
Reading all this got me so emotional I had to go out into the garage and hug my car!  Actually, I really do love my 450 sel - and it aint even a 6.9.  My lil' (by comparison, anyway) 4.5L has all the power I need.  My 450 is much faster and quicker than my MUCH newer and lighter 3.6L GM.  Now if only the gas mileage were as good...
This is probably 'new post' material, but I'll say it here anyway: I love my 450 sel because 1) I got a GREAT deal on it ($800!); 2) It genuinely is a product of excellent, no-nonsense, quality engineering; 3) I trust it's reliability, and I love the solid, effortless handling (how many $800 cars would you say that about?); 4) I think it's one of the most beautiful sedan bodies I've ever seen; 5) I like big cars made out of genuine, actual metal - anybody who hits me will wish they hadn't!
I love this forum because 1) it's well administered by someone who clearly has a passion; 2) it's a site dedicated to 116 cars, JUST LIKE MINE (or at least awful darned close); 3) There are all kinds of 'salt-of-the-earth types who regularly frequent it; 4) people who get this exited about about cars from an era (the 70's) that other car enthusiasts say were the automotive dark ages need to keep each other company; 5) I love the fact that there are people all over the world - every race, country, culture and creed - who can have something in common.
Mike