News:

www.W116.org - By the people, for the people!

Main Menu

Transmission issues

Started by 300SDude, 28 August 2011, 06:58 PM

300SDude

We live on 40 acres in the mountains, and we only go into town about once a week (50 miles away), so that is one of the reasons I just leave the car with them. I have 3 other vehicles to drive if I need to. This one is my fun/play car.

I have only driven it about a mile since it came home, so I haven't really checked it out all that much yet, but from just that little drive, I can definitely tell the turbo is kicking-in much better!

Maybe I will drive it to the top of the mountain today and see how it does going up the hill to the summit.

I used to do all my own mechanics years ago, (never on a Mercedes or diesel though) but I really don't like to do it, and I can afford to pay the mechanics to look at it.

My issue that I am working on right now is the low-beam headlights. It seems that the right one doesn't want to work. I changed the bulbs and both the lights work, that one just isn't coming on when you turn the lights on. It works when the high-beams are on though. I am thinking of just jumping a wire from the left low-beam over to the right.

Thanks for the info peoples. :)

300SDude 

Casey

Quote from: 300SDude on 09 September 2011, 11:50 AM
We live on 40 acres in the mountains, and we only go into town about once a week (50 miles away), so that is one of the reasons I just leave the car with them. I have 3 other vehicles to drive if I need to. This one is my fun/play car.

Man, 40 acres in Washington mountains.  I would sooooooo *LOVE* to be there!  Want to rent out an acre or two and get somebody on site who'd be happy to help work on your car? :)

My issue that I am working on right now is the low-beam headlights. It seems that the right one doesn't want to work. I changed the bulbs and both the lights work, that one just isn't coming on when you turn the lights on. It works when the high-beams are on though. I am thinking of just jumping a wire from the left low-beam over to the right.
[/quote]

There's a separate fuse for each of the sides, low versus high (4 in total) - check your fuses numbered 11-14.  These should all be white except number 13 which is red, because it also has the fog lights on the circuit.  Probably fuse 14 is out.

This has lots more details:  http://handbook.w116.org/ETM/80SD.pdf

300SDude

Thanks, I will check that out with the fuses. :)

300SDude

300SDude

Quote from: Raptelan on 09 September 2011, 12:07 PM
Quote from: 300SDude on 09 September 2011, 11:50 AM

Man, 40 acres in Washington mountains.  I would sooooooo *LOVE* to be there!  Want to rent out an acre or two and get somebody on site who'd be happy to help work on your car? :)

There's a separate fuse for each of the sides, low versus high (4 in total) - check your fuses numbered 11-14.  These should all be white except number 13 which is red, because it also has the fog lights on the circuit.  Probably fuse 14 is out.

This has lots more details:  http://handbook.w116.org/ETM/80SD.pdf
[/quote]

Thanks for the pdf!

300SDude

300SDude

Our Son-in-law went for a little hike the last time he was here and took a couple of these pictures of our property.

Just thought I would share. :)

The main house is across the street behind the trees, so you really can't see it. Our property is on both sides of the road.

We have 9 outbuildings and the main house and a mobile home. Our son and his wife live in the mobile across the street from us.

We have a pond on one end of our property that we have a campsite set-up at, including a 3 story tree house!
(If you want to see more pix of the pond and camp area, you can see them here: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1549725436537.84483.1637150440&l=81d450119b&type=1) ).

This deer and her fawn live behind the house here somewhere. We see them in the back yard all the time. She will actually let you get pretty close to her.

Anyway, I know this was way off topic, but just thought I would share our Little Patch of Heaven.

300SDude

Squiggle Dog

Wow, lucky! I have to live in the city part of Washington, in the middle of the convergence zone, so I don't get to enjoy much of the beauty this state has to offer.
Stop paying for animal cruelty and slaughter. Go vegan! [url="https://challenge22.com/"]https://challenge22.com/[/url]

1967 W110 Universal Wagon, Euro, Turbo Diesel, Tail Fins, 4 Speed Manual Column Shift, A/C
1980 W116 300SD Turbo Diesel, DB479 Walnut Brown, Sunroof, Heated Seats, 350,000+

Casey

Quote from: 300SDude on 09 September 2011, 05:12 PM
Anyway, I know this was way off topic, but just thought I would share our Little Patch of Heaven.

Now you've gone and done it.  I'll never give up now - I'll just have to incessantly bother you for the rest of our days until you allow me to move in!  I dream of living in those woods, in my own treehouse of sorts, growing a big garden, making a greenhouse, and living in the wondrous surroundings of nature forevermore.  *sigh*...

I guess I should really start trying to save up for some cheap property - it's been my dream for a long time.  Don't need no stinkin' house, just a nice patch of land and trees.  Say, what's a cheap 5 acre lot go for up there? :)

300SDude

Almost everything here where we live is in 20 and 40 acres lots. The majority of everyone around here purchased their property from Vauggan Brothers or Boise. They are the ones that own most of the free land around here.

We looked into buying the 40 acres next to use for our Son and his new wife and baby to live on, but they were wanting $2000/acre, so that seemed a little spendy. They really aren't all that interested in selling the land they have.

We are located in Steven's County, about 2 hrs. North of Spokane and about 2 hrs. South of Canada. Maybe go online and look and see if you can find something that way.

I just looked on craigslist. Here are the listings for everything that is close to us here in Hunters: http://spokane.craigslist.org/search/rea?query=Hunters&srchType=A&minAsk=&maxAsk=&bedrooms=

300SDude