News:

www.W116.org - The #1 resource for our W116! Established 2004

Main Menu

trans.

Started by Yesmar, 30 September 2009, 12:12 AM

Yesmar

i think we had a thread a while back about what parts are interchangeable between the different mercedes families. I've found a 4speed transmission in good condition off a w123, and it has all the stuff to do a complete auto / manual swap. wont this fit in my car?
- Ramsey

Big_Richard

280e to w116 should be a piece of cake.

Its doubtful that the clutch pedal assembly will be compatible though.

Big_Richard

just checked the EPC, the pedal assemblies are different.

I just discovered now, what the downward pointing hose barb is on the late model brake fluid reservoir - that's what goes down to the clutch master cylinder! interesting... I always wondered what that was for.

WGB

Yes - the new one I have just purchased has that tittie and I wondered what its function was.

I can now die a happy and fulfulled man. ;D

Bill

Big_Richard

Quote from: WGB on 30 September 2009, 08:56 PM
Yes - the new one I have just purchased has that tittie and I wondered what its function was.

I can now die a happy and fulfullied man. ;D

Bill

wow, you're easy to please Bill, if only i could find a woman like that ;)

WGB

I meet plenty on a day by day basis - I'll tell a single one about your secret desires. ;D

Bill

Takernz

I got one-piece 4-speed gearbox from W123 200 along with shifter,linkage and tailshaft, and a W115 pedal assembly, now, I'm on a hunt for correct M110 flywheel. anyone has one?

Yesmar

sooo ... it will work , i just need to find a 116 pedal assembly?
- Ramsey

Big_Richard

i thought it was a w123 280, using a w123 2 litre 4 cylinder transmission on the big six is probably not recommended, without going into the EPC, im doubtful that its going to be identical internally or able to deal with the torque.

Yesmar

- Ramsey