News:

www.W116.org - All about the Car!

Main Menu

Tank fuel screen or strainer

Started by 1980450sel, 14 April 2010, 10:20 AM

1980450sel

Hello all,

As some of you may know I've been battling rust in my fuel system. Everything is practically new now except the fuel strainer. It had been sitting in rusty gas and in fact its completely stained. I have a feeling the very small holes in the strainer are probably at least partially plugged with rust residue. I'm having a hard time finding a fuel strainer locally and the closest one is in Germany, go figure! Anyways, has anyone cleaned theirs and if so how and with what? I obviously don't want to damage it. Thanks.

Scott

s class

It should be easily available from the local MB dealer, and reasonably priced.  The problem with cleaning them is that the gauze is actually a nylon or plastic stuff, and over the years they harden and become brittle.  Trying to clean the gauze usually results in cracking or tearing it. 

The latest part number is 201 470 04 06.

You can order it on-line here :

Link

[color=blue]'76 6.9 Euro[/color], [color=red]'78 6.9 AMG[/color], '80 280SE, [color=brown]'74 350SE[/color], [color=black]'82 500SEL euro full hydro, '83 500SEL euro full hydro [/color], '81 500SL

1980450sel

Thanks S-class,

I've been to autohaus before and searched for a fuel screen for my particular year and model with no success it told me no such part existed. I emailed them to find out if the part you listed for me will work as it looks exactly the same.

Scott

s class

I searched for that part based on the latest supercession number in the MB epc.  Its the same part as I installed in pompy's 450SE a couple of months back. 

[color=blue]'76 6.9 Euro[/color], [color=red]'78 6.9 AMG[/color], '80 280SE, [color=brown]'74 350SE[/color], [color=black]'82 500SEL euro full hydro, '83 500SEL euro full hydro [/color], '81 500SL