News:

www.W116.org - By the people, for the people!

Main Menu

Service Manual Library

Started by admin, 08 December 2004, 02:53 PM

admin

With assistance from Bas, a copy of the service manual library is available at http://handbook.w116.org/.

Please ask before downloading the entire service manual library as otherwise this will use up all the allowable traffic. The library will be available at all times and seems to be working very quickly.

Thank you Bas again for your help.

Regards,
Michael

michaeld

Admin,
You may not get this, as it is an old post, but let me give it a shot anyway...
First of all, thanks for your work w/ this site.  It's a labor of love, I'm sure, but a lot of labor nonetheless.  I for one really appreciate your efforts.
Now to my question: can one purchase the manual from this site?  I don't want to be a bandwidth pig, but I would like to get my hands on a cd for my 77 450 sel.  I bought a cd on ebay, but it turned out to be a homemade copy that failed to install.  I haven't seen another in a couple of weeks now.

Thanks again,
mike

Mforcer

Thank you for your kind words and support. It is very much appreciated!

The service manual library is not for sale from this site although it is available direct from MB. If you can wait, I will make some copies of the disc as used on this site and will send to those interested. I would ask for a small charge to cover postage etc. Otherwise, feel free to download the pages you need, remembering that this site and the service manual library will be around for many years to come.
Michael
1977 450SE [Brilliant Red]
2006 B200

michaeld

450 se,
Yeah, I would be interested in such a cd.  Thanks for that.  And yeah, you're very much welcome.  You provide a real service to everyone who participates in this site, and you deserve our thanks.  I would also like to thank those who are "mechanically gifted" for taking their time to help the rest of us poor, huddline masses yearning to be free of mechanical problems.  Those of you who are "in the know" who take time to help others are truly first class folks.