News:

The ORG - Truly Independent and Unbiased!

Main Menu

Red-Line oil

Started by WGB, 03 March 2008, 04:06 AM

WGB

The previous two owners of my car have used Red-Line oil which as I understand is an exotic ?Vegetable oil ?Synthetic.

It runs beautifully on it and consumes no oil and produces no smoke hot or cold. Having removed the right hand cam cover it looks like it was only built yesterday - lovely and clean.

My only gripe is that it costs AUD$120 for 3.5 litres and as I am only doing 3 to 5 thousand kilometres per year and I am not a particularly hard driver the 12 litre change after a year will still cost about double what I could get Mobil 1 Synthetic for.

I would appreciate any knowledgeable comments as I am quite happy to spend the money if there is an appreciable long term advantage.

Bill

kolin

go to
www.redlineoil.com
i do know that some specially blended oils, synthetic mostly are just so good for car engines.there is a guy in SA not southern Aus that has a ferrari with a specially blended oil, and the oil has to be heated for an hout before turning over as its so thick, the battery cant turn it.
but it can take the heat when racing.
obviously, you dont want this oil in your everyday car.

AMG69

When I ran your car on the Dyno, Tim Slako of Tim Slako Racing (Osborne Park) was mighty impressed it had Redline Oil in it; he is the state distributor and raves about it; he did admit it wasn't really necessary in a 6.9 that rarely revs over a few thousand revs - but it is rated very highly by performance enthusiasts. 

Oh, the original owner threatened me with all sorts of harm if I didnt commit to using it in the future.   ;D
sigh....sitting back contemplating the next purchase..!