News:

The ORG - Truly Independent and Unbiased!

Main Menu

Quick question: Vaccum conection

Started by ekipe, 28 October 2018, 11:58 AM

ekipe

Well, I want to reinstall the vaccum for door locks and can anyone tell me where to connect the main vaccum suply hose on the 450sel 4.5? Is it on the intake manifold close to firewall or is it in a T connector that supposed to be placed on the brake vaccum line?

daantjie

The brake vacuum line should have a separate connection. The main vacuum supply should be a grey line which connects at the back of the engine where you will also find the vacuum connection for the vacuum modulator for the transmission.
Daniel
1977 450 SEL 6.9 - Astralsilber

ekipe

Quote from: daantjie on 28 October 2018, 12:42 PM
The brake vacuum line should have a separate connection. The main vacuum supply should be a grey line which connects at the back of the engine where you will also find the vacuum connection for the vacuum modulator for the transmission.

Thank you, most of vaccum lines on my car were deactivated. On the back of the manifiold I've found one conection for the brake booster, and another one that is actually plugged, I suspect it where I should conect the vaccum hose for the doors. I think I have no conection for the transmission. Do you have a picture?

daantjie

Mmm this is a bit odd, it should have a vacuum modulator on the passenger side (LHD car) of the transmission.  Look to the inboard side of the RHS (in forward driving direction) cam cover.  You should see a smaller banjo bolt connection, this is where the vacuum hard line connects for the transmission.  Here there should be a nipple where there needs to be a rubber connector (fabric covered) which in turn connects to the grey vacuum line.  I do not have access to my car right now to snap a pic unfortunately.  The brake booster vacuum line is much thicker (Tecalan type material) and connects closer to the LHS cam cover.  You will also see a connection here for the oil pressure gauge line.  You should not tap this line for door vacuum, rather the one I described earlier.
Daniel
1977 450 SEL 6.9 - Astralsilber

Thegger

Where should this main vacuum line from the back of the inlet manifold connect?

rumb

Here's a picture of the vacuum lines from the manifold next to the fuse box.

It first goes to a Y fitting, then 2 more Y fittings.  The little blue/black discs are one way valves.  the 4 branches go to
yellow - door locks, the others 3 are for cruise control, hvac controls and vacuum tank.s.

look around the manual on this site

https://handbook.w116.org/matrix6.htm

some will be explained there.
'68 250S
'77 6.9 Euro
'91 300SE,
'98 SL500
'14 CLS550,
'16 AMG GTS
'21 E450 Cabrio

ekipe

Quote from: rumb on 14 November 2018, 05:54 PM
Here's a picture of the vacuum lines from the manifold next to the fuse box.

It first goes to a Y fitting, then 2 more Y fittings.  The little blue/black discs are one way valves.  the 4 branches go to
yellow - door locks, the others 3 are for cruise control, hvac controls and vacuum tank.s.

look around the manual on this site

https://handbook.w116.org/matrix6.htm

some will be explained there.

Thank you very much!! But I wanted to know where the other end must be connected on the engine :)

Thegger

Think this is what i have to try out. 3.2 is the line you are aking about? Not the right place on the picture, mine is also on the back. But im gonna try connect it like that, with and Y and so on.

https://www.benzworld.org/forums/attachments/r-c107-sl-slc-class/1477393d1433847432-1980-mb-450sl-vacuum-emission-picture-11.jpg

rumb

This is on my 6.9, 450 should be similar??

'68 250S
'77 6.9 Euro
'91 300SE,
'98 SL500
'14 CLS550,
'16 AMG GTS
'21 E450 Cabrio

ekipe

Thank you very much. Mine is different because my car has D-Jetronic but least now I know should be a hard line with a threaded connection.