News:

The ORG - No back-slapping boys club!

Main Menu

Mercedes part search

Started by marku, 11 February 2019, 09:55 AM

marku

Looking round the Mercedes Classic web site found that you don't need to log in to use the parts search. Bit selective on search by name but put number in and it will give availability and price.

https://www.mercedes-benz.com/en/mercedes-benz/classic/classic-service-parts/
1974 450SE silver green/bamboo velour/green vinyl roof

rumb

I've been using that site for years to see availability before ordering most everything. All generic parts suppliers and most dealer web sites use generic parts databases and you never know if available until after you order.

They recently redesigned the page.  if you click on search at the top you can then select chassis and find all "promotion parts" and "new" parts.  Sometimes good to just go thru all promo to see if any good prices or newly available parts.
'68 250S
'77 6.9 Euro
'91 300SE,
'98 SL500
'14 CLS550,
'16 AMG GTS
'21 E450 Cabrio

UTn_boy

It always saddens me when I see a star beside a part that is on promotion.....it means that they've lowered the price, but it also means that they're trying to get rid of those parts, and that they'll be gone for good when they run out.  :/ 
1966 250se coupe`,black/dark green leather
1970 600 midnight blue/parchment leather
1971 300sel 6.3,papyrus white/dark red leather
1975 450se, pine green metallic/green leather
1973 300sel 4.5,silver blue metallic/blue leather
1979 450sel 516 red/bamboo

rumb

That's why I look at them, to stock up!
'68 250S
'77 6.9 Euro
'91 300SE,
'98 SL500
'14 CLS550,
'16 AMG GTS
'21 E450 Cabrio

floyd111

A fresh database is always welcome, and I'd be interested to know when, if and how often that list ends up right and/or wrong. A good list is only as good as the rate and quality of it's updates.

rumb

Out of thousands of inquiries I have only found one instance where the part was actually NLA.

Ordering parts from MB dealers/parts companies I have had dozens rejected because they were listed on their sites but actually NLA.

'68 250S
'77 6.9 Euro
'91 300SE,
'98 SL500
'14 CLS550,
'16 AMG GTS
'21 E450 Cabrio

marku

Quote from: rumb on 12 February 2019, 08:34 AM
I've been using that site for years to see availability before ordering most everything. All generic parts suppliers and most dealer web sites use generic parts databases and you never know if available until after you order.

They recently redesigned the page.  if you click on search at the top you can then select chassis and find all "promotion parts" and "new" parts.  Sometimes good to just go thru all promo to see if any good prices or newly available parts.

Not thought to tell us? I haven't really looked at the general site for some years as I had a personal subscription to the EPC which did not of course have the 'Parts Info' facility. It would have been very useful in conjunction with the EPC. Only discovered its existence following access to the replacement through the Mercedes-Benz Club.
1974 450SE silver green/bamboo velour/green vinyl roof