News:

www.W116.org - By the people, for the people!

Main Menu

Mercedes 450 SEL 6.9?

Started by Coesterg, 06 September 2020, 10:15 AM

ptashek

Quote from: BCK1963 on 04 November 2020, 02:14 AM
I meant that I heard that These alloys were not approved in Germany. This is why I asked if People outside Germany would care?!
No offence intended  ::)

I have emailed MaxiLite for that.

From what I understand, they have some TÜV approvals, but not KBA approvals, and need to listed on the "Fahrzeugbrief" as special equipment. I don't think people outside of Germany would typically care, but a KBA approval is a good indicator of being fit for purpose.
1993 "Pearl Blue" W124 280TE
1988 "Arctic White" W124 200T
1979 "Icon Gold" W116 450SE

AndreasF

Hello Casper,

Lechfeld is in the very south of Germany, which is really far from Denmark. You could pay an expert to inspect the car on site and then give you a neutral report. Advantage: You don't have to travel for nothing and you know the weak points. Dekra (German expert organisation, similar to TÜV) offers something like this for classic cars: https://www.dekra-classic-services.de/oldtimer-dienstleistungen/wertgutachten-oldtimer.html
If the seller rejects the expert inspection, you can surely guess why.
If the car is still interesting after the inspection, you could go there and have a look at it personally.

Maxlite rims: I have no experience with Maxlite rims, but I have looked into the TÜV certificate for my ATS rims, the 6.9 litre is not allowed there either. Probably because of the load capacity?

Greeting Andreas
350SE (silver) from 1979 (sun roof, air condition, central locking, Becker Mexico, ....)

BCK1963

Just received an answer from Maxilite which says that the 6.9 would be included in their assessment.

Bernd
Bernd

1976 Merc 6.9   Magnetit blue

Coesterg

Hi Andreas,

Thank you for a super idea, which I will consider.
Right now I'm selling two other of my old MB's and the idea is to use the money for a 6.9.

So I'm still looking around.
However difficult to find right ones (colour) and history.

Take care
Rgds Casper