News:

The Org - Serving W116 Enthusiasts since 2004!

Main Menu

Mechanic in Atlanta

Started by drzrussell, 21 August 2020, 08:22 AM

drzrussell

I'm looking for mechanic recommendations  in the Atlanta area for my 1980 280SE. 

The car is currently located at Blue Ridge Mercedes. The gentleman there Jonathan seems like a great guy and they were highly recommended that's why I went there, but the car has been parked there for 6 weeks already and he has yet to give me feedback on what's required to repair and says it will be another month at a minimum before he can even look at it.

So I'm considering having it towed elsewhere  and am looking for recommendations. If my expectations of a more expedient timetable are unrealistic, please let me know that as well.

The car leaked out a massive puddle of antifreeze, and I had it towed to Blue Ridge. Thanks for your insights.

rumb

Perhaps look for an independent MB mechanic.  Dealers can be difficult at times.
'68 250S
'77 6.9 Euro
'91 300SE,
'98 SL500
'14 CLS550,
'16 AMG GTS
'21 E450 Cabrio

daantjie

Yes, the infamous "Jono" at Blue Ridge.  Be warned that some folks love this guy and others absolutely spew hate towards him, so use that as you wish.  I have of course no personal experience here, just relaying what I see on multiple forums, so again take that as forum fodder perhaps...
Daniel
1977 450 SEL 6.9 - Astralsilber

Harv

The Benz Store in Chamblee. They specialized in the older stuff and have seasoned mechanics there.

https://www.benz-store.com/home

1980 300SD
1983 240D
2000 E55 AMG
2002 G500