News:

Please add your location to your profile. It will help others to help you!

Main Menu

M110 Mercedes Benz D-jetronic engine with poor acceleration and popping

Started by ortolani, 09 August 2024, 02:28 PM

ortolani

Where is the problem?

Pressure in the fuel line 2.1 bar, pressure in the intake between 10 and 15 inHg, but the engine has acceleration problems and makes explosions in the intake.

rumb

I would start with checking the ignition timing and also look for vacuum leaks.

I see you have been working on your car for some years now,
https://www.benzworld.org/search/3013959/

Was the engine running good before this problem?
'68 250S
'77 6.9 Euro
'91 300SE,
'98 SL500
'14 CLS550,
'16 AMG GTS
'21 E450 Cabrio

ortolani

Hi! It's 5 years!The bodywork was quite damaged, but I decided to take on the project. The engine had been parked for 20 years and locked up, missing some parts, such as the oil pump, gasoline pump and distributor. I unlocked the engine by putting WD in the cylinders for 15 days. I adjusted the valves, two of the intake valves were stuck. I assembled it and the engine worked, but without power. From that point on I started fine-tuning the Trigger points, TPS and the fuel circuit. At some point, things got worse and this problem with acceleration and intake blowing appeared.
Thanks!

rumb

'68 250S
'77 6.9 Euro
'91 300SE,
'98 SL500
'14 CLS550,
'16 AMG GTS
'21 E450 Cabrio

Randys01

ortolani

Hi! I need to report to you the tests I did!
I have always been told that the ECU potentiometer only operates when the engine is idling, but ... .
Since I could not solve the problem of blowing in the intake and misfiring, I set the potentiometer from 1 to 22.

In position 17 the blowing no longer occurs and acceleration is good. Mystery! See the attached table.

mrkozzy

Hi Ortolani.

Your comment  "I started fine-tuning the Trigger points".

I havent touched my trigger points in 40 years, even tho I have a spare set somewhere.

Pls explain what you did as I am curious.
MrKozzy