News:

The W116 Library - The definitive W116 resource!

Main Menu

M110 989 compression ratio

Started by Big Tiny, 12 July 2020, 06:50 AM

Big Tiny

Some good advice there.
My metering plate had resistance through out its full range of movement. Without fuel pressure would simply stay down at bottom of travel until it was manually pulled back up. 
After cleaning it was a lot better although not perfect, I managed to removed the cur clips and circular retainers at both ends of the rotating shaft. After cleaning and oiling that part, (it had some minor varnish and gum build up) the plate is very smooth and a heap better than before. I was tempted to take it further however I have every ancillary off the engine as we speak and really need to get it finished.

One thing i did regret was removing the TPS from the throttle body, at the time I didn't realise there was a plug on the loom. I haven't found any reliable sources for setting the TPS. However it looks like a simple switching mechanism possibly used for auto trans only ?
I assuming it has three wires. 12 volt and two grounds. One is throttle open one is throttle closed ? But if anyone has set there TPS would like to know.

revilla

Sorry not familiar with the throttle position sensor on W126s. But I'm sure somebody here will help.
Cheers

Big Tiny

I have the TPS loom on a bench at the moment. So will run some tests and see what I can work out. Maybe someone has some more input.