News:

The ORG - No back-slapping boys club!

Main Menu

Lookie what arrived from the You Ess of Ayy today

Started by WGB, 02 July 2008, 05:43 AM

WGB

I am not sure if this should be under the Shop section or mechanicals but three new tools arrived today a week after paying for them.

I have long lusted after a 123/124/116/126 spring compressor and I have finally managed it.

I actually only needed the pinion flange wrench at present but couldn't resist the other two at the same time.

They also advertise the rear wheel bearing pin socket on an associated web site but unfortunately were out of stock.

They also advertise a long shaped rod for pressing out the steering ball joint on the bottom of the lower end of the steering Arm - but it is only advertised as suitable for 126 models. When I qustioned him about use on 116 he said it was probably not suitable but I cannot see much difference between the two spindles. It is too long for my press anyway but does anyone know if the 116 and 126 spindle differ in any significant way?

Bill

TJ 450

That's a brilliant selection of special tools... I'm convinced that is the only type of spring compressor to use on these cars. The design is awesome.

Tim
1976 450SEL 6.9 1432
1969 300SEL 6.3 1394
2003 ML500

oscar

Looking good WGB.  With the Aussie currency level pegging the greenback there's never been a better time for Aussies to start accumulating from the US.  I went thirds in one of these spring compressors.  Haven't had a chance to use it yet but after trying cheap claw compressors, which were useless, then seeing the Klann video on youtube on how to use the real compressors, I'm with TJ.    We all know this of course, I'm just adding weight to the arguement of don't waste your money on crap incompatible tools, save and buy the right gear.

Can't answer your w126 tool question WGB but I don't want it to get lost either.  We need to know any incompatability issues of w126 v w116 special tools, especially when some w116 tool production ceases. eg, for some reason Hazet stopped making the m116/m117 valve adjustment tool according to samstagsales.  Though I reckon the M110 tool will work I've yet to test it.

Quote from: WGB on 02 July 2008, 05:43 AM
They also advertise a long shaped rod for pressing out the steering ball joint on the bottom of the lower end of the steering Arm - but it is only advertised as suitable for 126 models. When I qustioned him about use on 116 he said it was probably not suitable but I cannot see much difference between the two spindles. It is too long for my press anyway but does anyone know if the 116 and 126 spindle differ in any significant way?

Bill

1973 350SE, my first & fave

WGB

I think I will start a new thread on the 126 spindle tool as it is a bit too important to get lost.

Bill