News:

The Org - Serving W116 Enthusiasts since 2004!

Main Menu

Light beams headlight

Started by Thegger, 14 November 2018, 03:18 PM

Thegger

Was at the norwegian MOT today and they told me the light beams went in the wrong direction.
The beam pointed upwards flashing other cars, instead of downwards. Any tips on how to fix this?

rumb

There are different lens depending what side of the road you drive on.

Perhaps the white and yellow wire on the main beam headlight connector needs to be reversed.
Maybe from Japan to Norway things are wired different?
'68 250S
'77 6.9 Euro
'91 300SE,
'98 SL500
'14 CLS550,
'16 AMG GTS
'21 E450 Cabrio

Thegger

Quote from: rumb on 14 November 2018, 04:01 PM
There are different lens depending what side of the road you drive on.

Perhaps the white and yellow wire on the main beam headlight connector needs to be reversed.
Maybe from Japan to Norway things are wired different?

Yes maybe. They drive at the opposite side of the road, but the steering wheel is at the same side.. No comment on this on last MOT check..

floyd111

Japan rules are drive on the left side of the road and have the driver's seat and steering wheel on their right side.

Thegger

Quote from: floyd111 on 15 November 2018, 09:28 PM
Japan rules are drive on the left side of the road and have the driver's seat and steering wheel on their right side.

Ok. Did mercedes build all japan versions with steering wheel on left side? Since its a Japan version.

TJ 450

There were both L and RHD cars sold in Japan, although they will all have RHD headlights. This I would imagine is the issue. You would need to source LHD specific headlights (or just the glass), the optics set the beam pattern (the arrangement of prisms).

Regards,
Tim
1976 450SEL 6.9 1432
1969 300SEL 6.3 1394
2003 ML500

Thegger

Quote from: TJ 450 on 16 November 2018, 06:18 AM
There were both L and RHD cars sold in Japan, although they will all have RHD headlights. This I would imagine is the issue. You would need to source LHD specific headlights (or just the glass), the optics set the beam pattern (the arrangement of prisms).

Regards,
Tim

Thanks alot. So i need new headlights then. Yeye 😲