News:

www.W116.org - The #1 resource for our W116! Established 2004

Main Menu

Korrigan infested car

Started by Denis, 08 May 2006, 10:15 AM

Denis

Hi fellows

I have a Korrigan infested car. What is a Korrigan ? it is an evil elf-like creature in Briton mythology. Brittany is also known as Bretagne in the extreme north west tip of France, just below Ireland, land of other such devilish thingies... Celtic horrors I say  >:( >:(

Why is this - unsatisfied with merely inflicting me with camshaft timing problems, ye olde "Von Humboldt" has decided to blow its bloody MAP-sensor antique thingy : the manifold absolute pressure doo-dad is dead : it no longer holds a vacuum !

What is the wisdom on replacing this ? what is a good source ? is used any good (since metal fatigue is the problem, any old one is nearing certain death) ? does anyone rebuild these ? and ultimately, if replacement exceeds 190â,¬, it's time for MegaSquirt technology !!!

Putain de bagnole de mes deux  >:( >:(

Oh diesel, diesel, were art thou my love ?

Denis

Paris, France

Nutz

Are you referring to the pressure sensor? Chances are that the metal diaphragm inside is rusted but a long shot would be to use a vacuum pump and try to break it free.There also should be 90 ohms of resistance between terminals 7 & 15 and 350 ohms between terminals 8 & 10. Test it without vacuum and with vacuum using a vacuum pump. Does the car that you got the fuel pump from still have it on it?

Denis

That' right Nutz.

The sensor is electrically Ok but the little diaphragm must be cracked as the unit wont hold a vacuum at all.

Yes, the "other" car has one but how long will it last ? especially considering that its owner is looking for 100â,¬, which I find steep for a part that is probably metal-fatigued like mine...**

Denis

Paris, France

Nutz

Seeing that it is bad,why don't you drill the pins out and inspect the inside.

Test the one on the parts car to be safe.

Denis

Best price I can find is 600â,¬  :o

Actual list is 1206â,¬ ...

Now sinc it appears that only a thing metal diaphragm is the culprit, is it not possible to have one constructed by expert metal workers ? A new membrane by an artisan is likely to last longer than a 100â,¬ used one...

Denis

Paris, france

Nutz

Call Bosch and see if you can just buy the diaphragm from them  ??? Or yeah,have a machine shop or whomever whip one up for you.