News:

www.W116.org - The #1 resource for our W116! Established 2004

Main Menu

JETRONIC

Started by merro450sel, 22 July 2006, 06:40 PM

merro450sel

G'day 116ers, just a quick question a '74 450 which Jetronic system is it running? And what are the main differances between the two? I intend to do a bit of a frienkenstein on Schultz and run a modern brain! So any knoledgable advice would be tresured.

Thanks lads... 8)

Denis

Hi merro450sel

The 1974 uses D-jet - an early analog electronic FI. I am currently working on an upgrade to that system using the Megasquirt product.

Cheers

Denis

Paris, France

dudu

There is an easy trick you can use to check if an 116-V8 uses a D or a K.

Air admission trumpet on the left... D, on the right... K ( at least on the 450 ).

Regards.

alabbasi

That great big fuel distributor is a dead give away on the K-Jet cars.
With best regards

Al
Dallas, TX USA.

cipha

Hey Merro

I have had some experience with new brains in modern cars: mostly when re-equipping certain 'blown' engines with better and more capable brains: and also ones that are more manageable.

Quick thoughts to our 450 engines makes me wander along the lines of ignition packs [4 double units], motronic brain and some permutations.

All this could result in improved low and mid range torque, better power across the board [maybe 5-9% gain] and perhaps 10-15% improvement in economy.

If you have more time we should get together and see how and why this should be done: also if the $2,500 to 3,000 is a worthwhile investment.

merro450sel

Quote from: cipha on 01 August 2006, 07:14 PM
Hey Merro

I have had some experience with new brains in modern cars: mostly when re-equipping certain 'blown' engines with better and more capable brains: and also ones that are more manageable.

Quick thoughts to our 450 engines makes me wander along the lines of ignition packs [4 double units], motronic brain and some permutations.

All this could result in improved low and mid range torque, better power across the board [maybe 5-9% gain] and perhaps 10-15% improvement in economy.

If you have more time we should get together and see how and why this should be done: also if the $2,500 to 3,000 is a worthwhile investment.
Sounds great cipha ive allways got time to talk about about modified mercs...... 8)