News:

www.W116.org - All about the Car!

Main Menu

Is this Broken

Started by TNNBENZ, 15 November 2021, 04:49 PM

TNNBENZ

The hole in the black plastic air connector looks like there is slight  rough surface as if it has been broken.  I do not know what that part is.
I will try to find out, until then will someone tell me they think ?  I forgot to add my photo attachment.......Will do now below.......
Neglected ~ Rescued ~ 1977 450SEL 4.5L  U.S.A. ver.
Project of Compassion ~ Respect
Silver Green Metallic / Toast
Left Hand Drive
Sliding Roof

TNNBENZ

Well 4 some reason my photo is larger than others I have posted or something...... ??? Anyway it is 2920kb which is 2 big....ha
The part in question is a black plastic downward curved tube, with a vacuum line hole next to the white plastic idle screw. The vacuum connection looks like it may have been damaged.  How does the vacuum line attach?
     What is that tube called & anyone have a proper photo of it to see if the vacuum line connection of mine has been broken ?
Left Hand Drive
Sliding Roof

TNNBENZ

Just noticed black plastic tube connects to the AAV, auxiliary air valve........There is a vacuum line connection that I need a photo of or how does the vacuum line connect to it.   Does line just slid in to tube or is there a nipple. Now it appears line may just slid in.
Left Hand Drive
Sliding Roof

johnnyw116

You mean this part like this example photo ? they break or crack when it gets old , and the vacuum line just slides in by the way

JohnnyW116

TNNBENZ

Yes, thank-you,  I found out that I believe it connects to the air meter vale housing.   I took almost all day meticulously making a hopefully last parts list before my re-start. THEN I happened to remember about this part that may be broken......If I needed a new one I needed desperately to include it in my order. So the drama continues.  :-[   :)   :P  Oh well so I will make order tonight. At least I do not need a new air valve !!!
     I am panicking (not sure anyone can tell) because my COLD weather is gonna catch me soon I am afraid. Otherwise I may would have done more research first before asking 4 help..........I have another question or 2 I may post later.......
Thank-you very, very much johnnyw116 4 the QUICK reply :)   :D   :)
Left Hand Drive
Sliding Roof