News:

The ORG - No shonky business!

Main Menu

installing back seat trim piece

Started by FromTheOC, 04 September 2019, 12:34 PM

FromTheOC

the piece that the seat belt feeds into, it has three tabs & screw and for the life of me (and the wife) we cannot get all three to catch and seat correctly.  cant only get two of them and so the piece hangs out closest to the door.  Checked youtube and interweb without any luck.  About to take it to a Upholstery shop.  TIA

daantjie

Daniel
1977 450 SEL 6.9 - Astralsilber

FromTheOC

picture for clarity. had the seat back out when attempting to install and tab with arrow would not go in.

rumb

Make sure the 3 spring clips are attached to the panel. Make sure the screw at the bottom is removed. You should be able to start the bottom clip and then swing the panel back and engage the other 2 clips, pushing the panel flat and back at the same time.
'68 250S
'77 6.9 Euro
'91 300SE,
'98 SL500
'14 CLS550,
'16 AMG GTS
'21 E450 Cabrio

FromTheOC

I will give this another try, sounds similar to what we were attempting just could not get that tab to catch.  TY!

daantjie

A light dab of silicone grease on the tabs makes life a lot easier as well.  From memory this is a tough one, but also you need to do this with the backrest removed if I recall, it is very tough to get that panel in place with the seatback in there.
Daniel
1977 450 SEL 6.9 - Astralsilber