News:

The ORG - Truly Independent and Unbiased!

Main Menu

I scored some 6.9 "treasure" today.

Started by WGB, 06 February 2008, 03:12 AM

WGB

I went into a main M-B agent today (Unnamed) to pick up the collection of plastic and rubber bits for my sunroof and delivered a pair of Surgical Needle Holders to one of the Mechanics (also nameless) who had left a pair in a car that had been delivered.

They had been using surgical forceps and/or needle holders to hold wiring while soldering and wanted me to purchase a pair for the workshop as replacement from one of the Surgical Suppliers. I dropped off a couple of old pairs I didn't need and they responded by saying is there any literature I wanted.

I subsequently have returned home with two 6.9 wiring diagrams the first from chassis no 1 to 003622 and the second from 003623 until the end. They are in a format similar to that found in the Haynes manual but are quality M-B print. They are also different to the USA diagrams and are presumably Euro/Aus versions. I will PDF these in the next few days and will e-mail them to anyone interested if you PM me.

I also found they had the M-100 engine manual on Micro-fiche. 3 separate sheets - Mechanical, Injection and Smog gear - one sheet on each.
They said they will get the apprentice to print it out tomorrow and I will pick it up on Friday.
Not sure what I will end up with but no harm in trying.

Bill

koan

Great find!

Yes please, put my name down for the wiring PDFs.

I'll find somewhere with a large format printer, frame it and  hang it on the wall.

koan
Boogity, Boogity, Boogity, Amen!