News:

www.W116.org - By the people, for the people!

Main Menu

How to remove door panels? Early type 1973

Started by yxi, 21 December 2014, 04:56 PM

yxi

Hi, i have searched around but did not find a how-to on this subject. Anyone have a receipt to remove them without damaging anything?

It is this type of panel(picture obviously not mine :) )

yxi

Sorry for posting in wrong subcategory. If an admin can move it, please do :)

gf

hey! you can look up the library on this site and go to the service manual, there is a section labeled body and chassis I think. select doors, removal+ installation of door lining. Alternatively you can use the Haynes manual for a w123 Mercedes, there only being two differences in procedure from memory. I did this a few years back so if you get really stuck I could have a look at mine again and talk you through it :)

mrkozzy

MrKozzy

yxi

Yes. Didn't think it was nexessary to elaborate that on this forum:D

koan

It's covered in the online manual but rule number one is don't prise away from the door but lift upwards.

Boogity, Boogity, Boogity, Amen!

yxi

Online manual, library.... Anyone has some working links? When i try to go to library and choose someting from there, i only get some weird google ads stuff.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction though:)

mrkozzy

re: you talking w116 model yes?

Well answered!  It is 116.org after all.   I blame Xmas.

Anyhow, as to your last post,
I tried and used the link to the online manual and it was fine. I have however had issues from time to time using Google browser,
Perhaps use another browser.

cheers
MrKozzy

Aluminum

Quote from: yxi on 22 December 2014, 04:41 PM
Online manual, library.... Anyone has some working links? When i try to go to library and choose someting from there, i only get some weird google ads stuff.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction though:)

Forget the Library this time :)
for the 116 type in Photo
(1) pop out the Black Plastic cover behind inside door release ( very small Pick or screwdriver under edge ) and you well see a Philips Screw remove it
(2) Slide down door release and you well see a larger Philips Screw , remove it
(3) Remove Philips screw under middle of Arm rest Bottom side
(4) Remove door lock round knob ( push up and down plastic lock knob ) just unscrew it
(5) Remove the 2 Philips screws and chrome plate along edge of panel at door jam lock area ( holding edge of panel
(6) Panel should now pop off may have some plastic pop on clips along bottom just work them off
be sure to replace the plastic liner behind the door panel in between the door panel and the metal door or moisture well get the back of the panel wet and mold well begin to grow , buy some sealant and seal the plastic back on , if torn just cut out a new piece .

If you want to replace the window Regulator you well need help most likely . Pm me or post for help

yxi

Thanks Alu, much appreciated :D will try your recipe, that is just what i was looking for.