News:

The Org - Serving W116 Enthusiasts since 2004!

Main Menu

Hirschmann aerial antenna mast enquire 280S

Started by Panzerwagen, 22 October 2016, 02:58 PM

Panzerwagen

Hi there!
The antenna mast of the 280S 1979, is manual or electrical?

Thanks!
Marcos

UTn_boy

Does is raise or lower manually?  If so, it's a manual antenna.  Being a 280S, it was the least expensive model one could buy, and because of that, most 280S models did not have an electric antenna.  If it were a U.S. model, it would be electrical, but the U.S didn't import a 280s in 1979, so that rules out it being a U.S. model.  The Becker radios that most W116 chassis came with had provisions for an electric antenna, but that doesn't mean it it should have an electric antenna. 

The two easiest ways to determine if your car had an electric antenna or a manual antenna is to: 1)  look in the trunk where the antenna would mount and see if there is a wire harness with a quad polar plug on the end of it, and 2) look at your data card to see it there is an option code in it for electric antenna. 
1966 250se coupe`,black/dark green leather
1970 600 midnight blue/parchment leather
1971 300sel 6.3,papyrus white/dark red leather
1975 450se, pine green metallic/green leather
1973 300sel 4.5,silver blue metallic/blue leather
1979 450sel 516 red/bamboo

Panzerwagen

Thanks again UTN!!
Very helpful!
The cas is an european spec, so, for shure the antena is manual...
I'm gonna check the trunk!

The antenna didn't get in the higher position..., only in the middle...

The OEM  replacement, mostly URO, is a good/decent quality one or not?
It's not very expensive
Greetings from Buenos Aires!

UTn_boy

I can't comment about the URO brand mast.  I know they offer a mast for the automatic antennas, but I don't know it they offer a manual type.  Knowing what I know about URO, I wouldn't buy one,but I'd also like to believe that an antenna mast would be something really hard to screw up.  Then again, if there is a way to screw something up, then URO usually finds it. If you buy one, let us know how it works out. 
1966 250se coupe`,black/dark green leather
1970 600 midnight blue/parchment leather
1971 300sel 6.3,papyrus white/dark red leather
1975 450se, pine green metallic/green leather
1973 300sel 4.5,silver blue metallic/blue leather
1979 450sel 516 red/bamboo

floyd111

The original Hirschmann masts are not that much more costly than MTC or URO. I bought mine from France. You gotta do a a bit of an internet search, that's all. Make sure you know what Antenna number you have, as to get the right mast.

ptashek

Probably no need to search far and wide, as there's an official Hirschmann spare parts distributor in Germany, and they ship globally.
http://en.kormann-schaetzky.de/replacement-parts/car-radio-antenna/

If they don't have it, they might know someone who does.
1993 "Pearl Blue" W124 280TE
1988 "Arctic White" W124 200T
1979 "Icon Gold" W116 450SE

Panzerwagen

Again, thanks all!
On EBay, most of the antennas for sale are MTC, URO, and also is a Hirschmann, but I guess that is not the original one...
Another chance is to take the mast apart and check it, maybe I could fix it
Saludos
Marcos !