News:

The Org - Serving W116 Enthusiasts since 2004!

Main Menu

High pressure hose from power steering pump to steering gear box 450 6.9

Started by BMA, 14 June 2024, 12:53 PM

BMA

Hi guys,
does the high pressure hose from power steering pump to steering gear box from the 350 and 450 models fit also for the 6.9, which I have.

I need one and it's not available anymore , but I can get a NOS one which fits for the 350 and 450 W116

Kind Regards,

Björn

happy having finally a 6.9 # 7271 in my garage, ...so nice to cruise!

ramiro

Hello,
No the 6.9 has it's own hose part number 1009974682 , i think the threads will fit but the bend of metal pipe will be different and maybe also the lenght.
As far as i know the hose should not be pressed on originally but it is with screw fittings like the ones that go to the oil filter and also the air condition so if you can find the right rubber hose you can just change that.
Ramiro

rumb

I have a used hose that looks like screw on fittings.  The hose is not original so someone probably already changed the hose part, and you could also put a new hose section on.

Let me know if interested.
'68 250S
'77 6.9 Euro
'91 300SE,
'98 SL500
'14 CLS550,
'16 AMG GTS
'21 E450 Cabrio

Randys01

I had  mine made up at the local hydrualic joint. Interesting that this was the 2nd replacement. The original hose has a metal concertina section in it.

ramiro

I just took a closer look at my hose and the fitting is not the screw type , it is pressed on so the only way to repair is to find a hydraulic shop , bet the most likely don't want to use the old pipe and will try to create a completely new use at least that is my experience in germany.

Also make sure that the leak is really coming from the hose the fan likes to blow the oil everywhere.

john erbe

That high pressure hose on the 6.9 is identical to the high pressure hose on the 126 (V8) chassis.

ramiro

As i have both cars , i just compared the hose and yes with some bending it should be possible to fit it to a 6.9 but i think that also the one from a 350 450 should fit with some bending but the metal tube length seems to be nearly the same on a w126 the 350/450 seems to be shorter.

BMA

350/ 450 Pressure hose will NOT fit, here the picture of the 6.9 pressure hose

happy having finally a 6.9 # 7271 in my garage, ...so nice to cruise!

ramiro

Just for reference this is how it looks on a w126 , it is not the same but should be possible to fit it without big problems.
It looks like the metal pipe is a little bit longer on the 6.9 that also would make sense because the exhaust manifold is higher on the 6.9.

john erbe

The 126 hose will fit. I got one from a wrecker and works fine on my 6.9. Even pick-up another one as a spare.