News:

The W116 Library - The definitive W116 resource!

Main Menu

Hey all new to the group!

Started by Kenbenz, 15 June 2020, 07:34 PM

Kenbenz

I have recently joined this group, I've been slowly restoring a nice old 76 280s w116! I've been at it since summer of 2017, and have found the info is limited and the dealerships will almost laugh in my face if I ask them questions regarding parts... I'm starting to add a few accessories and doing some upgrades, but I'm trying to keep it all stock! I'm not a mechanic by trade, my dad was a shade tree mechanic on the side and taught me some things. So I'm more of a hobby mechanic these days as I'm feeling my way along with what resources I can acquire and info gathered from others! Just wanted to thank everyone for allowing me join, and look forward to hearing from you all! Have a nice evening
Ken Knight

daantjie

Welcome to the asylum as we say here ;D  We 116'ers tend to be suckers for punishment I think as the 116 is very much the ugly girl at the Benz dance, but that is the way we like it, keeps entry into the game easier as you can find nice ones for a song, at least here in North America.

Check out the Library section, it has tons of info gleaned from the Benz service manuals.

As well, we are for the most part all novices, and I will easily group myself into the "shade tree mechanic" sector 8)  We all try and help where we can, and this is by far the best (maybe only ;D?) 116 site on the web, but here you will find top notch support and an all round great bunch of folks all sharing the same addiction ;D

Cheers
Daniel
1977 450 SEL 6.9 - Astralsilber

raueda1

Welcome, you've come to the right place!  What I've learned here is beyond measure.  My projects would have been completely impossible otherwise.  Be sure to browse the tech info on the site.  It's worth it's weight in gold.  Cheers,
-Dave
Now:  1976 6.9 Euro, 2015 GL550
Before that:  1966 230S, 1964 220SE coupe, 1977 Carrera 3.0

Rolo

This forum is pure crack.  Got me spending all my extra cash on Benz parts and lying on my back installing them.

floyd111

;D ;D

Quote from: Rolo on 16 June 2020, 04:41 PM
This forum is pure crack.  Got me spending all my extra cash on Benz parts and lying on my back installing them.

Ain't that the truth!~ there should be a disclaimer on the registry form, haha!