News:

The W116 Library - The definitive W116 resource!

Main Menu

Head rest adjustment

Started by 450SE, 04 December 2004, 07:03 AM

Mforcer

I have been trying to find out how the head rests are able to be angled forward as I have seen on other 116. I am aware of the hidden button in the backrest to adjust the height but am stuck as for the what needs to be done to change the angle without forcing it. Do all headrests angle forward?

Thanks.
Michael
1977 450SE [Brilliant Red]
2006 B200

peterq

I have the same question. And I'm also posting this to see if my change of e-mail is having any effect. This board seems to keep sending things to my old address.

Mforcer

It is amazing how many features in the cars I seem to be unaware of, especially considering how long we should all have to work them out!
Michael
2006 B200

Mforcer

I have found the answer!

Australian regulations required that the head rests were not able to be angled. I do not know the reasoning for this but at least I can stop looking for a way to get them to move forward.

I have also been told that it is possible to replace the metal brackets in the head rests to allow them to be angled as expected. I have been promised a set of the brackets and will find out what is involved before attempting the work.
Michael
2006 B200