News:

The ORG - 100% FREE advice!

Main Menu

Hard warm start

Started by zedster, 16 March 2010, 04:57 PM

koan

Quote from: s class on 25 March 2010, 02:53 AM
I have FINALLY located a local supplier for Permatex "High Tack Spray-A-Gasket Sealant"

Not sure about spraying the fuel distributor halves and shim. Without a lot of masking there would be gasket material in the equalising chambers in direct contact with fuel. Even though it's fuel resistant I'd be worried it would degrade, come away and cause problems.

The reason I came up with rolling on a layer of sealant was to avoid getting it in places I don't want it.

What are your (anyone's) thoughts?

koan
Boogity, Boogity, Boogity, Amen!

s class

koan, yes, I was intending to mask.  I realise its a lot of work.  My wife has a machine for cutting out shapes in self-adhesive paper.  Its designed (and its what she uses it for) scrap-booking purposes.  I may have finally found a really useful purpose for it........... ;D

[color=blue]'76 6.9 Euro[/color], [color=red]'78 6.9 AMG[/color], '80 280SE, [color=brown]'74 350SE[/color], [color=black]'82 500SEL euro full hydro, '83 500SEL euro full hydro [/color], '81 500SL

koan

Quote from: s class on 25 March 2010, 05:52 AM
koan, yes, I was intending to mask.  I realise its a lot of work.  My wife has a machine for cutting out shapes in self-adhesive paper.

Have you tried cutting gasket material with it?

koan

s class

No - I don't think though that it would cope - its strictly light duty.

[color=blue]'76 6.9 Euro[/color], [color=red]'78 6.9 AMG[/color], '80 280SE, [color=brown]'74 350SE[/color], [color=black]'82 500SEL euro full hydro, '83 500SEL euro full hydro [/color], '81 500SL

koan

Quote from: s class on 25 March 2010, 05:52 AM
koan, yes, I was intending to mask.

In the local news agency I spotted boxes of coloured dots in a various sizes, bought a box of the biggest. They are about the right size for the fuel distributor chambers and don't strick all that well to clean metal - which is good.

koan