News:

Please add your location to your profile. It will help others to help you!

Main Menu

Fuel Line Needed WUR To FBR Help!

Started by Wrighttbenz, 11 April 2016, 04:23 PM

Wrighttbenz

I was attempting to remove the line that runs from the warm up regulator to the fuel pressure regulator and it cracked.
It seems this line has some special inner working like a float or something. I cannot find a part number for it so if anyone can help that would be great. This line is small on the ends something like 1/8 inch and then gets larger and runs under the Fuel distributor to the FPR.

rumb

'68 250S
'77 6.9 Euro
'91 300SE,
'98 SL500
'14 CLS550,
'16 AMG GTS
'21 E450 Cabrio

Wrighttbenz

daantjie

This won't help but that pipe is NLA ex Benz when checked last. Plus they were super pricey when they were still available.
Daniel
1977 450 SEL 6.9 - Astralsilber

Wrighttbenz

Quote from: daantjie on 12 April 2016, 09:49 AM
This won't help but that pipe is NLA ex Benz when checked last. Plus they were super pricey when they were still available.

That is what I was afraid of. Does anyone know what is in the pipe? There seems to be something special going on a restriction or something.

revilla

This happened to me a couple of years ago when calibrating my WUR.  In the 280 the WUR is located on the side of the block which makes it a PAIN to remove.  V8s have it conviniently located on top/front of the engine.  With 280s you have to remove the WUR, disassemble it, tap the pin out, install, check control pressure, remove it, tap in a little, test again, repeat time 3-4 times, until CP is at spec for given temp.  A pain in other words but rewarding results.

I think it was SClass who developed a test fixture to do all this in a bench.

There's nothing special inside the pipe.  12mm female connector on one side and 14mm female on the other tip.

They are all NLA.  I did a temporary repair "joining" the 2 broken pieces using fuel rubber hose of the proper ID and 2 round clamps tighltly screwed.

Then I found a used one from a contact in the UK through MB UK Club forum.  I can PM you his email in case you want to check if he has more (?).

Good luck

daantjie

I might have a spare. PM me if you don't come right anywhere else.
Daniel

Wrighttbenz

Anyone have the part number for me? The only line I am finding is this number
    1160707432  I am not certain this is correct though.

daantjie

Don't quote me on this but I think that pipe is generic across all V8 k jet motors of same vintage. If you have access to a Pick n Pull might be worth a trip to see if there is an R107 or W116 V8 kicking around.
Daniel

js1sj

the part number i have for the line is 100 070 73 32

TJ 450

The M100 part is longer than the rest. I think they might be NLA, so you would have to get one off a 6.9 wreck if you can.

The lines have a Tecalan lining. At worst you could try rubber fuel hose as on the very first version, but it would have to be rated for fuel injection pressures.

Regards,
Tim
1976 450SEL 6.9 1432
1969 300SEL 6.3 1394
2003 ML500

daantjie

Indeed you will have to use fuel hose with polyamide inner core. Engine fire is no bueno  :o
Daniel

Wrighttbenz

Still not much luck with this. They do seem to vary not all V8 motors from the era having the same set up with this line.

Jed

If you can send a picture I will check my '76 450sel parts car. I am really not sure which line you are looking for.

1979 Mercedes 6.9 #5206 - restored
1979 Mercedes 6.9 #6424 - ongoing restoration
1976 Mercedes 6.9 #484 - restoration?

Wrighttbenz

Quote from: Jed on 20 April 2016, 09:51 AM
If you can send a picture I will check my '76 450sel parts car. I am really not sure which line you are looking for.

Here is the pic. It runs from the WUR under the fuel distributor and connects to the pressure dampener