News:

The Org - Serving W116 Enthusiasts since 2004!

Main Menu

Fuel assembly help

Started by hamidagha, 11 September 2020, 10:24 AM

hamidagha

Hi everyone
My 79 280 se has a new pump, filter, accumulator etc and when I put it back in I noticed a leak :)
The leak is from the connection between item 27 and the pressure line in photo attached.
I have tightened the connection as much as I can, but no joy!
What is the best solution? What is this pressure valve (27) as I do not seem to able to order replacement as I think it's jammed solid.
Any suggestions appreciated.
Thanks

daantjie

I am guessing you are using new crush washers?  I have found that sometimes using aluminium vs copper or vise versa does the trick, but regardless you have to use new ones on both sides of the banjo fittings.
I cannot help on valve "27" have not seen this before.
Daniel
1977 450 SEL 6.9 - Astralsilber

hamidagha

Quote from: daantjie on 11 September 2020, 10:35 AM
I am guessing you are using new crush washers?  I have found that sometimes using aluminium vs copper or vise versa does the trick, but regardless you have to use new ones on both sides of the banjo fittings.
I cannot help on valve "27" have not seen this before.
I did and no joy! I fear I will have to get a new set of metal pipe lines.
What is worse, while tightening 27 (whatever it is) it crumbled :( Now I need to find a solution to that too.

raueda1

The compression hardens copper washers.  However, they can be reused IF you anneal them.  Hang it on a thin wire and heat it till cherry-red using a propane torch, gas stove burner, etc.  Then plunge into a bowl of water.  Good to go!  This is pointless, of course, if the washer isn't in pretty good shape to begin with.  Running it over a flat file before heating can help recondition.
-Dave
Now:  1976 6.9 Euro, 2015 GL550
Before that:  1966 230S, 1964 220SE coupe, 1977 Carrera 3.0

Randys01

That regulator gizmo is not depicted in any w/shop diagram I have or seen. I have examined early 6.9..late 450....set up. I have recently worked on a KE. not there either!?
If it's now fallen to bits you might as well by pass it.