News:

The ORG - No shonky business!

Main Menu

Fog

Started by Zagato, 06 December 2008, 10:30 PM

Zagato

Quote from: TJ 450 on 15 December 2008, 06:43 AM
It never dries out when it remains in the car. ;)

Ah, that's good. I just put it back in the car (happy because the noise level was unbearable without it). Amazingly the soundproofing holds the pedal to the floor quite nicely, so I won't need to drill it for now.

As for the leaks, I used some windscreen sealant on the front windscreen because it was seeping in from only one corner (driver's side). However, I seemed to have performed a dodgy effort with it, as it ain't exactly pretty.
As for the rear window, I'm going to have to take it to a car glass shop. I spoke to a mechanic a few days ago, and he said "just remove the chrome and use windscreen sealant." I'm not so sure because the leak seems to be far worse for a dodgy fix to solve. He also said that it's leaking from the top, rather than the bottom. But I strongly believe that it's at the bottom because the rubber is clearly more cracked there, and along that area is small areas of 'white fog' that never goes away. Very confusing.

macatron

The "white fog" you're describing - can it be rubbed off at all?  This description makes some of your problem sound more like delamination.