Author Topic: Exhaust  (Read 91 times)

marku

• Vintage
Exhaust
« on: 20 December 2019, 07:26 AM »
I have been looking for the centre section of the exhaust for my 450SE for a long time. Had it on backorder with Mercedes some time ago when they were quoting €410 but eventually gave up. Just looked and the quoted price is now €782. Looks like I am never going to get one without paying their inflated price. Can't even get one made as managed to throw the old one out with a lot of other junk. 
450SE silver green/bamboo velour/green vinyl roof
Mercedes Viano Ambiente 2.2CDI LWB

daantjie

• W116 Addict
  • W116 Enthusiast
Re: Exhaust
« Reply #1 on: 20 December 2019, 08:38 AM »
Try "Timevalve" in US, they make to order, good service too, though a bit pricey, our choices are limited I'm afraid :-\
Daniel
1977 450 SEL 6.9 - Astralsilber

Mattr

• Enthusiast
  • 6.9 in a 450SE
Re: Exhaust
« Reply #2 on: 20 December 2019, 04:49 PM »
I have been looking for the centre section of the exhaust for my 450SE for a long time. Had it on backorder with Mercedes some time ago when they were quoting €410 but eventually gave up. Just looked and the quoted price is now €782. Looks like I am never going to get one without paying their inflated price. Can't even get one made as managed to throw the old one out with a lot of other junk.
Why not just take it to an exhaust shop and have them bid repairing or replacing it? The full custom exhaust for my swb 6.9 was ~$1200usd + tax. I'd wager you'll be out a couple hundred for just the center section (labor costs will be more than parts, I'm guessing), but it shouldn't be too awful.

Exhaust on old cars is pretty simple. As long as they can match the piping size, they can replace or repair any of it without too much hassle.
1976 450SE 6.9 FrankenBenz (#2288?)
1977 450SEL 6.9 #2333