News:

www.W116.org - The #1 resource for our W116! Established 2004

Main Menu

Engine parts for 450SEL 6.9

Started by bnunes39, 24 February 2019, 10:28 AM

bnunes39

I am searching for parts for 450SEL 6.9 engine, like gaskets , piston rings , seals etc can someone suggest a good parts dealer, I am based in U.A.E and some parts are hard to get.

Thanks,
Sebastian

daantjie

MB Classic Centre. There is one in Germany and one in US. If the parts are NLA your only other avenue is ebay and individuals on this forum with part stashes.
Daniel
1977 450 SEL 6.9 - Astralsilber

rumb

I think you are in for a rough ride as M100.985 engine parts are very scarce as you already know. Save your old head gaskets as one is NLA. It may be possible to reuse if you take care removing it.
You could contact https://www.mbclassics.de/W116-S-class and see if they can help. Determine all the part numbers and search internet worldwide, german ebay. Some part will available from MB.  Use this to see if the part is available. https://partssearch.mercedes-benz-classic.com/  put an "A' in front of the part number with no dash or spaces.

Pistons are Mahle, you can contact them about pistons/rings.

Timing chain/followers are available MB or Febi.

If there is a particular part/s you cant find let us know.

Besides here you should join m-100.cc as they seem to have a deeper network of M100. find their sign up to join forum.  IF you dont hear back in a week let us know and we can pressure them to complete your registration. They have been horribly slow to act in the past. They have  paid and a free option.

Last week I gave this same advice to the person that I sold my 6.3 engine to. If you need any mechanical parts I have a spare 6.9 that I can get parts from. . Let me know.

Please let us know where you eventually find parts as we would be greatly interested in knowing.
'68 250S
'77 6.9 Euro
'91 300SE,
'98 SL500
'14 CLS550,
'16 AMG GTS
'21 E450 Cabrio

bnunes39

Hi, Thanks for the info , if any new source comes by I will message

Regards,
Sebastian