News:

The ORG - No back-slapping boys club!

Main Menu

Dyno results in motec 6.9

Started by motec6.9, 26 May 2010, 04:55 AM

Niclas

Quote from: motec6.9 on 26 May 2010, 04:55 AM
Hi guys after to much time and money my 6.9 is now running and tuned i have the email from David at trg with the dyno results. I come home on the weekend so i will pick it up and take it to the paintshop at the start of the nextweek. after spending close to $4000 on exhaust and custom extractors fitting a $3500 motec m48pro computer another $7000 to fit and tune with fuel rails and injectors i must say i am disappointed last time the car was on the dyno
Another injection system will not gain many horse power you can't get by just adjust the A/F ratio on your D- or K-jetronic. Of course if you adjust the ignition and use knock sensors you can gain some horses if you are close to detonation on full power.
The most power is probebly gained if you port the heads properly and polish the intake manifold. The exhaust channel on the M117 for example does an zero radius turn which is a big no no. I don't know anything about the M100's but I guess they look similar.
Other cams or regrind the old ones is of course a relatively cheap trick to get more horses.
After that you can really use your Motec to get perfect A/F ratio on all speeds except att wide open throttle when you want it to be set somewhat richer to get maximum power.

/Niclas

motec6.9

Hi guys my car is now at home i will take a look at doing more work when i return home mid August as i came home for 4 days before flying out to the kimberly's for work first thought my good it is LOUD 106db torque like you would not believe anyway this is just so i can register the car so it is cheaper to get to other workshops before i put rebuilt motor back into the car which is the hot motor with ported heads ;D
Euro 6.9 255.6hp at the wheels. Watch this space.

TJ 450

Here are the latest pics of the setup, as promised. These are posted on behalf of Motec6.9;

Tim

1976 450SEL 6.9 1432
1969 300SEL 6.3 1394
2003 ML500

motec6.9

thanks TJ i owe you one i am looking forward to getting home so i can put it back on the road still have work to do might change induction yet we will see anyway first thing to do upon return is to try and fit a bigger throttle body to the manifold and see what that does to dyno reading as for the noise from the exhaust as much as i like a loud car that may be a little to much but seeing as the sound system in the car once recorded 142db in a sound off competition maybe i should just turn it up ;D

Niclas

Have you tried without that tiny air filter? Your original air filter probably has four times bigger filter area...
I saw a test somewhere and KnN filters had about the same pressure drop as an ordinary two litre engine air filter, your engine is sligtly bigger  ;)
In the original setup you don't have that flow restricting 90 degree turn either.

/Niclas

Big_Richard

plus - that crankcase ventilation hose cant be left like that, its totally illegal like that and will attract an instant defect notice.

not to mention, its likely to make a hell of a mess after some prolonged wide open throttle events.

motec6.9

Hi guys yes there are a couple of issues i need to sort out but this work was done without me having any input as to how i wanted things to be so some changes to be made as this was done while i was away for work picked up my car on Monday after flying home Saturday night and left with work again on Thursday i will not be back from the kimberly's till middle of August but the car is now running so it can be moved next to paintshop and tiddied up in the engine bay as for position off filter that will change as i will be having my other manifold modded so a larger throttle body can be fitted i was going to buy Cams with 560 throttle body but i want a larger throttle body than that still toying with forced induction as Cam knows i have just bought a T51 turbo ;D