News:

Please add your location to your profile. It will help others to help you!

Main Menu

Door locked when open, so now can't close as everything is seized.

Started by isobars, 19 March 2023, 04:03 PM

isobars

Hi Everyone,
I brought a 300SD home yesterday - 600 miles - it had been standing under a tree for 18 months and moved rarely over the preceding 5 years.
The passenger door and rear passenger side doors are very stuck, as was the rear drivers side until I managed to separate the old rubber from the meal this afternoon.
Foolishly I put some lubrication on the rocking lock mechanism and rocked it toward me which locked it. Now I can't unlock it and so can't close the door.
Must I now get to the vacuum lines in the door or can I pull the pin up forcibly?
Thanks in advance for any advice!
Here's thirty second vid of the first start in 18 months   - door.jpg https://youtu.be/ilkEwfTz-fk   - it did fire-up as soon as I'd primed it - 250k miles. Marvellous things, the 617.

Here's an image of the lock. I pressed 'A' anti clockwise which raised 'B' which prevents the pin from entering and therefore closing.

rumb

Just push the lever my finger is pointed  and then pull "A" forward. 

Rear doors can become difficult. Have one person inside using legs to push and someone outside pulling door handle.
'68 250S
'77 6.9 Euro
'91 300SE,
'98 SL500
'14 CLS550,
'16 AMG GTS
'21 E450 Cabrio

isobars

HI,
Thanks for your help.
In this case the door is open, but the mechanism is closed so it will not shut. I need to open the lock to close it, the opposite of what would be normal! Cheers

rumb

Pull door handle and at same time flip catch open with finger or end of screwdriver.

Failing that at least the door is open and you can remove door card and get inside to linkages or worst case remive latch assy.
'68 250S
'77 6.9 Euro
'91 300SE,
'98 SL500
'14 CLS550,
'16 AMG GTS
'21 E450 Cabrio

isobars