News:

The ORG - No shonky business!

Main Menu

differential

Started by paraguaiano, 08 December 2020, 03:10 AM

paraguaiano

good morning everyone, excuse me in advance for my English mistakes but I don't speak this language well I am writing to you from Italy.
I have a problem that I hope that you, thanks to your experience, can solve me.
I bought a differential many years ago for my mercedes 280 s and 79 w 116, mine is a bit noisy, only when I got it I did not check the code and I kept it like this. now I wanted to change mine with the one purchased and I noticed that it is different from the one I have under the mercedes, I checked the numbers on the internet, and it tells me that it is one of the 450 if always w 116. now the question is can I to put on my 280 if this differential I have is totally to be excluded not compatible? thanks for your valuable answers a greeting and hug Pietro from Italy.

paraguaiano

the differential is a 3.46, is it possible to mount it on mine? what do you say? thanks

ptashek

Quote from: paraguaiano on 08 December 2020, 05:01 AM
the differential is a 3.46, is it possible to mount it on mine? what do you say? thanks

Have a look at this old thread, it should cover your questions: https://forum.w116.org/mechanicals/450-diff-into-a-280/
1993 "Pearl Blue" W124 280TE
1988 "Arctic White" W124 200T
1979 "Icon Gold" W116 450SE

paraguaiano

so from how i understand it is not possible are the semi-aces taste different too? thanks