The ORG - No back-slapping boys club!

Main Menu

D jet Aux Air Valve refurb ( AAV )

Started by Tony66_au, 28 September 2012, 05:51 AM

Tony66_au

Thanks for that Bill!

Photos always welcome

Tony66_au

Worth reading through the WHOLE thread as the comments add some details and correct some specifications I got wrong in the initial post, Aux Air Valves are never completely closed off for example and yet I refer to them being so.
As D jet AAV's are Unobtainium it is worth refurbing and shelving one for the future, K jet AAV's too are difficult to come by but you do see professional refurbished units pop up from time to time.

UTn_boy

Quote from: Tony66_au on 18 August 2019, 06:14 PM
Worth reading through the WHOLE thread as the comments add some details and correct some specifications I got wrong in the initial post, Aux Air Valves are never completely closed off for example and yet I refer to them being so.
As D jet AAV's are Unobtainium it is worth refurbing and shelving one for the future, K jet AAV's too are difficult to come by but you do see professional refurbished units pop up from time to time.

Well, not exactly.  D Jetronic idle air slides are still available new from Mercedes.  Part number 000-141-03-25.  Though, they list for $755 USD.  I imagine in Australia they'd be double that amount. 
1966 250se coupe`,black/dark green leather
1970 600 midnight blue/parchment leather
1971 300sel 6.3,papyrus white/dark red leather
1975 450se, pine green metallic/green leather
1973 300sel 4.5,silver blue metallic/blue leather
1979 450sel 516 red/bamboo

Tony66_au

Weird but good, I checked a number of years ago and they where listed NLA although the K jet AAV's where still available.
Thanks for the heads up.

UTn_boy

You'd be surprised at how ma y dealerships will tell you a part is no longer available simply because they

1) Don't know that they have to contact Classic direct
2 Don't know enough about the older models to find parts in the book or EPC
3) Don't know that Mercedes offers parts for any model over 10 years old
4) They're too biased to want to have anything to do with the older models. 

You pretty much have to take the proper part number to them, put it in their hands, ask them to order that part number, and if they say they can't then inform them that they should contact Classic direct AND check the availability on Paragon in order to see that, in fact, there is stock available. 
1966 250se coupe`,black/dark green leather
1970 600 midnight blue/parchment leather
1971 300sel 6.3,papyrus white/dark red leather
1975 450se, pine green metallic/green leather
1973 300sel 4.5,silver blue metallic/blue leather
1979 450sel 516 red/bamboo

Tony66_au

Ive struck that before yup but usually try to avoid Aussie Benz dealer parts due to the horrific markups.

That said the guys I use have bought parts from Germany before for me and im always armed with both the MB and OEM parts numbers (An FAG brand rear wheel bearing for a 230TE 124 chassis $780 plus freight from Stuttgart that I sourced from MB Spares in Canberra later that day for $124 plus freight overnighted lol)

Classic Center in Irvine Ive told them about as well but I suspect that at the time it had something to do with MB's war on grey market parts.
I dont blame the dealers for the price hikes either as their pricing is firmly set by MB Australia but its nice to know that the parts are now available.

I do know the Bosch do limited parts runs and refurbishments every so often too and this has come in handy for my 1973 SLC.