News:

www.W116.org - The #1 resource for our W116! Established 2004

Main Menu

Cruise control not working

Started by James R, 05 February 2007, 09:07 AM

Gerard

I'll have a go at replacing the 2 47's so.  And then see what happens!
Many thanks
G

ozmerc

i had problems with my c/c dropping out of the circuit, immediate slowing, not good with trucks following.
i checked the rear lights as mentioned & then replaced the fuses. the lights had no effect, but a new fuse fixed the problem. curse aluminium fuses.

Gerard

Well, after all this, it turns out the cruise control seems to work after all.
I had the car out on Saturday, and tried again.  Flicking the accel produces a high acceleration, this with the drop off when i release the lever, and the small deceleration down a few mph below the set point, probably confused me into thinking the unit was letting go.  Flicking the accel or decel will increase or decrease the speed, but not in the smoothest way (not like my sisters W210).

Road conditions were quiet when I had the car out, so I was able to figure it out better this time (not so many cars behind me).  Thanks for all the food for thought on here.

MarkM

Hello All,

My 1980 300SD has the same issues. The cruise "lurched' when I tried to set/accel but would not hold. I purchased a "fully tested" unit from Ebay. Just replaced it tonight and this gets no reaction at all. So, do I send in both as cores and get a re-man unit.

I have not checked the brake light bulbs for brand/type. I will try that next.

Thanks.

Mark