News:

www.W116.org - All about the Car!

Main Menu

Cruise Control computer module (F)@!)

Started by AMG69, 01 March 2006, 08:26 PM

AMG69

OK, I'm stuffed.  I spent an hour on my back in the drivers footwell impersonating an Indian rubber man trying to unscrew the computer module from up under the dash behind the instrument panel.  I got the first of two screws un done - easy enough to reach but the top screw is impossible to reach with a screw driver (CURSE SWEAR!); so, has anyone done this before???  I have been told that some units have a separate bracket so all you do is undo the bottom screw and the unit slips out; mine has the bracket attached to the unit so you MUST undo both screws.  HELP!
sigh....sitting back contemplating the next purchase..!

AMG69

Was about to call Styria (again! :)) but have now been told that I need to undo one bolt that the computer module and bracket are attached to and the whole unit (this second bracket included) comes out......one of those descriptions that meaningless unless you have a diagram; suffice to say at home tonight I will be replicating last nights back breaking performance in the footwell and trying again......I'm bloody determined to get the damn cruise going again!!!!!
Chris
sigh....sitting back contemplating the next purchase..!