News:

The Org - Serving W116 Enthusiasts since 2004!

Main Menu

Cruise control

Started by beagle2022, 25 May 2011, 10:53 PM

1980sdga

Quote from: beagle2022 on 27 May 2011, 03:31 AM
Wow.  Thanks folks.  I will attempt to find the triple jointed dwarf and have a look at the amplifier gadget. 

Peter

Post some pictures of what you find!  The amp is bolted to the brake pedal bracket with a single 10mm nut and bolt.  There are some pics floating around the interwebs.

I've had limited success repairing cold solder joints in my ACC amp. It's pretty primitive solid state stuff on printed circuit boards. Reminds me of the inside of a CB radio...

The tach amp is also pretty primitive and just slightly more "miniaturized"  I found some cold joints on it as well but didn't have any luck getting it to work  :-[

Big_Richard

you really need to take your time and give the board a blanket resolder. doing just the visible bad ones isn't going to be all of them i assure you.

If you then have it functional but maintained speed keeps slowing down, then you move onto caps.

I dont know if crap caps can cause it to be totally malfuctional.

mine worked after a blanket resolder but the maintenance of speed was dissatisfactory - once caps were replaced it was massively improved and still is great today, more so with the new speedo cable.

1980sdga

How do you do a blanket resolder?  I understand the concept I think...

Big_Richard

Quote from: 1980sdga on 27 May 2011, 09:13 PM
How do you do a blanket resolder?  I understand the concept I think...

resolder the board while sitting on your bed.  8)

No, it simply means to completely resolder every joint on the board.

peterpardy

Hi can you still drive the car with the board out ? i would like to resolder the board but need the car.Thanks

koan

Quote from: peterpardy on 25 December 2011, 07:56 PM
Hi can you still drive the car with the board out ? i would like to resolder the board but need the car.Thanks

Yes, I took my CC control box out a couple of years ago while investigating surging, not quite got round to putting back yet.

Now have a "new" servo/actuator so might get round to do something soon.

koan
Boogity, Boogity, Boogity, Amen!