News:

The ORG - Truly Independent and Unbiased!

Main Menu

Crankshaft sensor base 300SD

Started by lixang, 14 September 2022, 12:05 AM

lixang

Hello everyone, I'm from Peru, I'm restoring a 300SD, I have the crankshaft sensor, but I've realized that it goes on a support, does anyone know the code of the article or where I can get it or in that case someone will have the measures that has that support?

UTn_boy

How you ended up with a U.S. model 300SD in Peru is a hell of a mystery, but more power to you! 
-
The part number for this bracket is 617-153-01-40.  It's no longer available from Mercedes, but the part number may help you find one. 
1966 250se coupe`,black/dark green leather
1970 600 midnight blue/parchment leather
1971 300sel 6.3,papyrus white/dark red leather
1975 450se, pine green metallic/green leather
1973 300sel 4.5,silver blue metallic/blue leather
1979 450sel 516 red/bamboo

lixang

Quote from: UTn_boy on 14 September 2022, 10:52 AMHow you ended up with a U.S. model 300SD in Peru is a hell of a mystery, but more power to you! 
-
The part number for this bracket is 617-153-01-40.  It's no longer available from Mercedes, but the part number may help you find one. 

Thank you very much for your prompt response, I already found the part and I am about to import it, If in a pandemic I were to buy it from a collector, and little by little I am restoring it, I have come to buy a book of type "G" parts, I thought that in the book indicated the code of each part but I was wrong, I would like to know how they do to obtain or find the exact part number according to the book that I have because only numbers up to 3 digits come out.

rumb

Those books were made so a person could find the part and then go to a dealership and show them what you wanted.

Mercedes EPC is a subscription web service that shows all part numbers by Chassis. $75 a year I think. If you are doing a active restoration this is the best to get, but if you are not using it a lot, then probably not worth it.

There are free ones that are somewhat use-able.

https://nemigaparts.com/cat_spares/epc/mercedes/

After you find the part number then use this to see if it is still available from MB:
https://partssearch.mercedes-benz-classic.com/

Then use a search engine to find the part somewhere in the world.
'68 250S
'77 6.9 Euro
'91 300SE,
'98 SL500
'14 CLS550,
'16 AMG GTS
'21 E450 Cabrio