News:

The ORG - Truly Independent and Unbiased!

Main Menu

CLS rims

Started by Nilo AMG, 25 December 2005, 06:49 AM

Nilo AMG

I'm looking at a set of 18 inch CLS wheels. The rears are 8.5 wide and have a 18mm offset, I think they'll ft fine, but the front ones are also 8.5 wide but have 28mm offset. My question is: do you guys know if the front ones will rub?

Regards

Nilo

Mforcer

H Nilo,

The thing about doing the CLS wheels is that they use different types of lug bolts. The CLS uses 14x1.5 lug bolts and the W116 use 12x1.5 lug bolts. If you use your lug bolts on the CLS wheel the lug seats will not match up and there is a good chance that the lugs will fail and a wheel will come off while driving. When it comes to tyres and rims, it is not worth the safety risk of a non-perfect fit.

Regards,
Michael
Michael
1977 450SE [Brilliant Red]
2006 B200

Nilo AMG

Michael,

I supose I can solve that using CLS bolts, ins't that? What about the 28mm offset with a 8.5 width? Do you know if it'll fit?

Regards

Nilo

Mforcer

The CLS bolts will not fit into the 116 hub :(

I can't say if a 8.5" wide rim would fit with the 28mm offset but it would be something worth trying. You would need to check clearance on the inside of the rims.
Michael
1977 450SE [Brilliant Red]
2006 B200

Nilo AMG

Ok thanks a lot! I guess I'll have to look for other 18 inch to fit the 116!!

Regards

Nilo