News:

www.W116.org - The #1 resource for our W116! Established 2004

Main Menu

Climate Control Servo parts

Started by Bratman47, 22 January 2006, 11:19 PM

Bratman47

Does anyone know where I can get an aluminum center housing for the servo ?  Or the plastic center repair kit Mercedes part number 000 830 01 98 ?

Tomi

hello,

the right contact is George:
Performance Analysis Co.
1345 Oak Ridge Turnpike, Suite 258
Oak Ridge, TN  37830

865-482-9175   9 am to 5 pm ET M-F
FAX 865-482-9175
E-mail: george_murphy@compuserve.com

I just ordered an aluminum mid-chamber (that is how its called) from him, since my old plastic one had cracked. The mid-chamber kit (togehter with the seals) cost about 50 usd. You can have it in aluminum or plastic for the same price.
He also rebuilds these servos.

Here is my cracked mid-chamber
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/aslak0/MB%20116/Picture.jpg

Here is my old servo with only the top chamber in aluminum
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/aslak0/MB%20116/1bb9567a.jpg
Now also the mid-chamber is aluminum.

regards

Bratman47

HerrBenz

I contacted him about this very thing.  The responce I got was "We don't sell parts"  I can sell you a rebuilt servo??????

David

GSK11740

Does anyone sell new or rebuilt all aluminum servos?

Bratman47

I think I found a spot. I will try to confirm tomorrow.

Tomi

Yes, George (contact above) does sell all alluminum servos and parts for these servos. He also sent me a brochure of these parts and instructions on installing the mid-cahmber kit. I am suprised herrbenz got a different answer.

GSK11740

Thanks! I haven't actually tried my climate control out since I got the car but the heater hoses were bypassed when I got it so I'm assuming it's bad. Also I noticed a wire on the back of the control button assembly that looks like it got really hot at one point. I think I'm going to have a time with it when I get the car back together.

Bratman47

I also found a manuel bypass kit. Anyone interested?

Tomi

I also thought about the bypass kit when i got this problem having the crack in the mid-chamber of the servo.

Well, I resulted in trying for the all aluminum servo, for the reason that it is just so remarkable when it works. it keeps the temp inside constant and it has fantastic intelligence that are not described in books. Like the pump turns on only when a certain coolant temp is reached and there are others... It is a piece of engineering I admire. The problem is the reliability. If this aluminum fails I will have to think about the bypass again.

GSK11740

Quote from: Tomi on 27 January 2006, 01:52 PM
I also thought about the bypass kit when i got this problem having the crack in the mid-chamber of the servo.

Well, I resulted in trying for the all aluminum servo, for the reason that it is just so remarkable when it works. it keeps the temp inside constant and it has fantastic intelligence that are not described in books. Like the pump turns on only when a certain coolant temp is reached and there are others... It is a piece of engineering I admire. The problem is the reliability. If this aluminum fails I will have to think about the bypass again.

That's what I was thinking. I've heard that when the system works, they are really good. It's when they fail that they are a nightmare. I figure if I can get mine all rebuilt with the "good parts" and have it work like it was designed (and stay working), I'd rather do that than bypass, etc.

HerrBenz

Tomi,

Did you send your servo to him for the rebuild & calibration?  I emailed him a second time and got the same responce, " I do not sell parts for the servos!"  I thinnk its because it was on the MBCA site and they wanted me to join the club.  Such nonsence.

Herrbenz

Tomi

no, i did not send the servo there. I just explained my problem with the crack on the mid-chamber of the servo with some photos and he sent me th mid-chamber kit. That was what i needed, easy fix. This was about 6 months ago. I hope the policy has not changed

HerrBenz

This is going to sound a lil odd, but would you do me a favor? I need the aluminum upper housing.  Would you email him and see what kind of responce you get?

Thanks
David